Has super tight bearing seat ever happened to anyone before?

I took the yoyo apart just cuz I wanted to clean it up a little bit and blew up the bearing and first of all it was on so tight it almost ripped when I loosened up the axle then the bearing was in the bearing seats so tight I had to use both of my bearing tools it took me almost 10 minutes to pop it out and by the time I did pop it out my bearing tool was slipped and scuffed up my yoyo I know it’s like nothing but still this is brand-new I got it 2 hours ago I shouldn’t have to cut myself and you know break a sweat to take a bearing out of yoyo

4 Likes

What a bummer :frowning: Sorry about the scuffs!!

I have a yoyofactory popstar that’s the same way. INSANELY difficult to get the bearing out.

The best trick I’ve found is putting the yo in the freezer for a few hours (I actually forgot it and left it in all night lol). The bearing came out with much less effort.

1 Like

Next time buy a one drop. :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah definitely sometimes companies err on the side of SUPER tight bearing seat.

From what I’ve read heavy / dark anodization can worsen the problem since more color = thicker ano around the bearing seat.

4 Likes

I know I’m probably making a big deal over nothing but I would just like one of my yo-yos to be scuf or ding free, I’ve spent a lot of money on my little collection I have now and I don’t have that much money to begin with so I try to take care of them and stuff like that just annoys me if it’s a little thing but I’m going to look at it forever now and I may be overreacting but now I throw it I feel like it’s got some vibe to it

2 Likes

it was insane it was like there was a loctite on the axle or something when I was twisted on like is this going to crack or strip right away and when it finally gave a little bit it actually was like cockeyed had my stomach drop

1 Like

Wow that’s interesting I never thought or even heard about that with anodizing yeah I don’t have one yoyo now that’s not dinged-up actually the nicest one I have is the one that you gave me the unprld abduction, and still have ding that a couple times and I know I got really upset cuz I think that’s the 7075 aluminum, I don’t know I’m sure there’s people on here reading this thinking I’m nuts but to me they’re precious because it’s something that I enjoy doing most of my time and I and they’re not cheap so it’s just like anything else you want take care of it and something stupid like that where you cut yourself trying to take the axle and bearing out to clean a brand new yoyo I bought two hours ago or got it 2 hours ago I think anybody would be a little upset

3 Likes

hehe I’ve given up on this at this point. I dinged my duncan mayhem within10 minutes of recieving it! >.<’ /sigh

I’ve come to realize that if I don’t want to ding or scratch a yo, then I really shouldn’t e using it.
I’d much rather have all my yos in perfect condition…but it’s just not going to happen!

1 Like

Also, I don’t think you’re overreacting at all!
You’ve invested a lot of money in these things. They mean a lot to you…it’s only human to be upset :frowning:

Nah man…that makes perfect sense!

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

YYF is notorious for tight bearing seats.

6 Likes

The death grip is real

4 Likes

I had a YYF CZM8 that I bought from a local hobby store. It was super vibey and kind of responsive, so I wanted to try switching the bearing. I tried using a bunch of different wrenches and pliers to take the bearing out but they didn’t work. Finally I tried this gigantic 3-foot pair of pliers and tried as hard as I could to get the bearing off, and the bearing broke while it was still on the yoyo!

5 Likes

Same issues with my b-grade Horizon, Shu-Ta 7075, AG2. B-grades so can’t complain too much but I’ve heard the same issue about their A-grades, too. Sucks dude. I feel you on trying to keep your things ding-free.

2 Likes

Bearing removal tools are super necessary with how tight today’s bearing seats are. Pliers just don’t do the trick.

7 Likes

I just scored one on the bay for less than 4 wing wangs. Gonna take 2 weeks to arrive but can’t beat that. (I always forget when placing YYE orders, I know there cheap)

2 Likes

I don’t know…

He was able to use pliers to remove the bearing from his yo!

2 Likes

Yeah ever since I got a bearing tool I haven’t had an issue, and like half of my collection is YYFs.

lol

4 Likes

Lol " the death grip is real!!" That was funny!! I needed that

3 Likes

I have 2 bearing tools, you should have seen it, I as on the floor with my tool box and tool belt on,with my welding shield, walked away with 2 cuts on my left ring finger…I’m a certified welder and I’ve Never worked so hard to get a bearing out…it’s actually kind of funny like if I was video recording myself you should have seen it I had the vice grips out holding the one end and had the yoyo in a vice clamp on the work bench, I was about to get the belt sander out coming up with all kinds of crazy ideas it was crazy

6 Likes