Velocity yoyo stinks

Hi, so I just recently got a yyt velocity from yyt and I’m just saying, it STINKS.
It smells like melted metal or something, but I’m not sure it was like that before.
I got it in the mail and it was okay and all, but after 1 day, it smelled like sulphuric acid just burned through the inside and dirty socks were melted and dripped into the hole.
(It works fine, but the smell is overwhelming)
I don’t think this is normal lol.
xD
Edit: I took another sniff (I dunno why I did) and it seems to be both the bearing and the yoyo as the bearing stinks with it.
The smell is like someone took a “똥” in the bearing. Otherwise it is not contagious luckily. I put that thing on the bed and the bed smells fine still. (very weird smelling things)
I also got a replay pro but that doesn’t smell.

8 Likes

Yeah mine never smelled lol

5 Likes

Completely normal, in fact it has the upgraded smell, the prototypes were judged to not be stinky enough. The purpose is to fill the room, and remind you to play with it.

12 Likes

:joy: :joy::joy:

Might be worth contacting them and asking for a non-scented replacement! I’m sure they will be receptive…

4 Likes

My Velocity smells like Roses;

4 Likes

Was a bit disturbed when he opened the Stankonia yearbook to biggest flirt and it was Caroline Jones as this is my daughters name!!! :scream:

8 Likes

Throw it through a cycle in your washer.
It’ll be fine!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Relevant

8 Likes

Whatever you do, do not lube the yoyo with Preparation H. Because it will shrink the bearing.:flushed:

8 Likes

Alek, sorry some were snarky including myself. I do know people who are very sensitive to smells, to the point where you wonder if their profession should have been a wine taster. Many are sensitive to plastic smells, others take no notice. You may be hypersensitive to odors, and that’s not something you have control over.

3 Likes

tossed it in the washing machine, came out fresh
(prob gonna use a different one now lol)

Luv the reception comments, best humor I’ve seen in a month lol
gr8

4 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes