Useful Terminology for New people

Add PGM and GM2

Great post!

Not everything was modification terms. There was some other stuff thrown in there. I was typing as I was thinking, so it’s pretty random.

Oh…I’ll fix.

Great post, thank you. This will be great for all the noobies on here.

1 Like

I hate to be THAT GUY but:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,22092.0.html

I hate to be THAT GUY but this one has more words and not mostly abbreviations.

STICKY!!! great job adam!!!

I was thinking about the possibility of that, but I haven’t seen one of these threads in my whole time on the forums.

That was a great list as well. I admit I missed it when it came around originally. There is no reason all contributions can not be consolidated together into one glossary of terms. We are not competing here, it’s a cooperative effort.

I may have come off wrong in my post. In no means was I trying to say mine was better. I was just saying that anying missing terms on his list that are listed on mine should be added…

No harm meant. :slight_smile:

This is an amazing and extremely helpful post. It was so hard figuring out all the abbreviations at first. I might also suggest adding BNIB, which I believe stands for brand new in box. I don’t see this one much, but when I first saw it I though it was like some special edition.

LF is Looking For…edit: whoops just saw like 5 people said that and i never knew:
IGR=Inner groove ring. A lip like thing on the inside rim of a yoyo that makes thumb grinds easier.

I thought it was IRG Inner Rim/Ring Grind?

I just guessed on that last one all the time. I always knew it had to do with like the inner outside of the yoyo usually about thumb grinds… Can anyone clear this up? I was almost positive it was IRG not IGR? I’m guessing its right because noone pointed it out wrong. Is there an IRG abbreviation?

Also where does the C come from in VSNYYWC? Is it Company? Corporation ;D Collaboration? lol

Also, great post! It should be stickied in the help section for sure! Also maybe add ummm… “flowable” or “string eater” or like the types of string like nylon or poly. I believe I saw Delrin listed… PM if its not there… uhmm… types of ano like “splash” or that dotted one… that mod where they take off the ano and make it shine like a one drop markmont? forget what its called right now lol.

IGR is the physical ring. IRG is the trick.

VSNYYC = Vs Newton YoYo Concepts

I will add some definitions soon when I get access to a computer.

MIB does not mean like new condition. MIB means its sitting in its box and has been since the manufacturer put it there. Not you took it out for a few minutes and tried it out first.

1 Like

Yes.

People often use this when instead they should use another term, perhaps Mint With Box, or something else.

This deserves to be bumped.

I, for one, have used it.

Mods,

please consider stickying this

or just PM yoyoavenger he is occasionally on at times so he will probably sticky the thread himself.

Bump so I can come back to this >.<

1 Like