US to Australia Shipping - PROBLEM SOLVED! PLEASE CLOSE

Trying to get some 3D printed jigs to Spinworthy Glen so he can make us all some buttons, but FedEx, UPS, and USPS all telling me it’s 75-125$ to ship a 10 oz yoyo box. Inquired about padded envelope and they said it’s the same price.

Anybody know any tricks?

3 Likes

Ask the German lol

3 Likes

All of them are telling me that First Class mail is not being accepted by Australia right now. They are requiring me send it priority international.

1 Like

Ah ok damn…

1 Like

I’m beginning to think this whole “global supply chain” issue is completely government created.

3 Likes

Yeah it is insane. DHL also boosted their prices here because of C. but never got back to normal after two years. Double the price for the same service….

1 Like

have you looked into forwarding services?

3 Likes

No. Unfamiliar with that. How’s it work?

1 Like

Yep, Australia is only accepting Priority Mail Express International from USPS at the moment:

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

1 Like

Forwarding companies usually offer cheaper rates compared to what you get from fedex, dhl, etc websites directly. I use them to ship from China to US and the shipping fees are reduced by half. Just have to send the package to their warehouse first and they’ll send it to the destination country. Not sure about US to Australia.

4 Likes

In many ways there is a ton of price gouging going on also . There is some blame to be placed on just in time shipping methods as well.

1 Like

What if everyone that wants a button helps pay for the shipping… or something? I am sure there are enough of us in here that want to make this happen.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to send him the file and have it printed in Australia. @Glenacius_K @TheThrowingGnome

5 Likes

10oz is just over 8oz which is where USPS increases prices (they go up in 8oz increments).

Look into Pirate Ship. You can get it down to $68 with USPS via them, but they also offer UPS. The cheapest rate I got via an estimate for a 6x4x4 box weighing 10oz was $40.40. While still expensive, it’s at least not nearly $80 and a significant savings vs. retail rates.

This would probably be the cheapest and quickest option if Glen could find a local 3D printing on demand service in Australia.

6 Likes

With PirateShip 40$ is as cheap as I can get it even at under 8 oz.

I wonder how much a letter would be? I could probably slip one into a letter and just mail a dozen letters….

6 Likes

Problem solved. YYExpert is gonna ship it! :sunglasses:

Thank to @Lido and @Isaac and everyone else who tried to help.

13 Likes

Thanks a lot for putting your heads together to try and work this out. Its a bummer that USPS has a an issue with Australia at the moment

A huge thanks to @YoYoExpert to help making this happen!!

8 Likes