Shipping to Australia from the USA update: resolved

Any way for me ship a yoyo to Australia for less than $150?

I just got a package returned for insufficient postage, and I could have sworn I’ve shipped yo-yos there in the past for MUCH less…

1 Like

How heavy is the package? Anything under 13oz can go USPS first class international - Cheap, but no tracking and takes a while.

If you can fit it into a Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box you should be able to ship it for like $30-$40

Fedex is going to be way more expensive, but also way faster, more reliable, and easier to track.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the USPS International Priority have tracking?When I sent to USA a package(from Spain), mine got a valid tracking number(included in the cost)

1 Like

Update: went to local post office vs shipping store and was able to send it registered with tracking for $30.25.

Thanks

4 Likes

Most times using a shipping store is much more expensive. I’m curious though, you had a package returned due to insufficient postage? How did that happen? The store didn’t put enough postage on the item?

Yeah. The package also returned to that shipping store and not my address which I thought was pretty weird. I have a little account with them so I didn’t give it much thought beyond that, but after USPS being 1/5th of their price I don’t think I’ll be going back there.

Lesson learned I guess. At least it wasn’t lost or damaged or anything.

1 Like

This is weird, like me, and won’t result in any kind of tracking you can use, however… I know it works because I have done it multiple times.

• take the yo-yo apart
  • put the bearing, axle, string, etc in a little plastic bag
  • get a piece of cardboard
  • tape each half of the yo-yo to the flat cardboard, so it is one big as flat as possible rectangular shape
  • fold the cardboard over the top to make a U shape and tape it closed securing each yo-yo half in place
  • place in a padded envelope
  • add about $10 postage (I think you can get away with less, maybe $8 but I would not go lower than that

What’s really key here is that it looks like a fat stuffed envelope, NOT A PACKAGE!

I know this works because it’s how I sent ti-vayders to @MrYoyoThrower in Canada, @chaosgow in the UK, and @FourCorner in Israel. They all arrived.

4 Likes

I thought it pretty hilarious that I got a Titanium yoyo in a bubble mailer, but it was indeed in good condition.

3 Likes