US Nats this weekend - who's taking the gold?

So now, in this community, we dislike people because of the way they look? Thought we were more open and accepting around here…

4 Likes

Just haters hating. He’s the Sidney Crosby of yoyoing in my mind. Same deal, Crosby is the best, has been around forever and people just don’t like him because of it. Gentry is on fire right now.

4 Likes

Definitely the biggest dark horse in the contest in my opinion. He definitely has the ability to get on the podium. He has some of the best tricks and he has really improved his stage presence.

1 Like

So a person’s physical likeness affects whether or not you like their yoyoing?

Idk if I would consider the scales bois “cool” they def got that yoyo clout cause of their talent but nothing about their person shouts out “cool kid” to me, they still look like dweebs lmao

Can’t believe Gentry is getting hate just because homeboy is good looking :rofl:

Takeshi takes the cake for “coolest” in my book - due to his style (clothing), demeanor, execution, and overall laid back energy when he throws

Evan is “cool” because of his energy and his smile…his yoyo style isn’t cool though, it’s abrasive and high energy (not a bad thing) kind of like a sick guitar solo that doesn’t end

I find it hella cringy when people act stone faced and apathetic when they yoyo…screams try hard to me

But you know whats the coolest? Being a sick player and not competing (dem A/RT bois)

5 Likes

Well, it’s official, Gentry got the gold in 1A.

7 Likes

It wasn’t even that close. I think his only serious competition would have been Evan…

But my hat goes off to all the competitors!

5 Likes

Well deserved. His strong 1st place finish in the semis really set the stage for the the win in the finals.

4 Likes

Yea, I heard he placed 1st in semis, but I didn’t see it. Watched the finals though and he definitely owned it. I watched it all in 360p cause I got DSL and Vimeo sucks, so I can’t wait to watch the routines again on YouTube.

2 Likes

I am like this. I struggle with this stuff everyday (trying to properly show my emotions on my face) and its not funny.

5 Likes

1A Final Results Ladies and Gents!

1st Place - Gentry Stein
2nd Place - Connor Seals
3rd Place - Chandler Steele

Gentry won the thing by 10 points!! that’s insane. Even talking about technical evaluation (clicks per element) Gentry dominated. And his performance evaluation is a whole 4 points ahead of second place.

It’s interesting how only Phillip Pacific had a higher execution score, and Canny had a higher choreography and construction score which is insane considering how performance based Gentry’s freestyles are. Nobody could top him in any other category tho. Again, super imppresive. Time for us all go buy a Shutter i guess!

11 Likes

Didnt really watch any of the freestyles yet, but I’m so happy chandler did well. He puts in so much work, and when they said the results, he was ecstatic at getting third place. And gentry is just a monster.

4 Likes

Honestly ive been telling myself for days now that if Gentry wins ill buy a Shutter (always wanted to see how they played). So yea, im probably going to get one in the next day or two.

7 Likes

It’s okay I forgive you <3

1 Like

Both the OG and Wide Angle are solid yoyos imo. They play totally different from one another. The Wide Angle feels stable and powerful where the OG is more light and nimble. It was my first metal and I still pick it up from time to time. Got a Wide Angle a month or so ago and it sees regular play.

2 Likes

Which should I get? From what I’ve seen the wide angle is better, but the popularity of the OG makes me think for a minute.

3 Likes

What are some of your current favorite throws?

1 Like

Fresh vid of Gentry, Connor, and Chandler’s routines

4 Likes

Ti-Vayder (of course, lol), MFD Conspiracy, Spinworthy Harbinger, 2sick Decoy, Doc Pop Icarus. Im all over the place, lol. I decided on the wide angle last night anyways :smiley:

2 Likes

Great choice! The WA is super fun.

Good to hear, everyone seems to say it is boring. I decided to judge for myself. Ive never played with a boring yoyo before, so I don’t even know what that is like.

3 Likes