Upstate South Carolina Throwers

I would recommend going to a mall, or something in the winter-ish time. (I am far away btw, just wanted to give a suggestion)

2 Likes

Hey guys! I’m in the Greenville area as well! Have you settled on a time and place or already started meeting?

Insta: @selenicabruce

YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmkMpRQ3TWLQLX2y1AJQPDQ

4 Likes

Hey @Selenica!
We haven’t started meeting yet… I think we were waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer (Oh wait, I think it is warm!) so we can meet in a park.
If you have any ideas of places that are either inside or outside, (but free to use) feel free to suggest them!

2 Likes

So what’s the move guys?

1 Like

My dad is the pastor of Overbrook Presbyterian Church in Gaffney. It’s got a good bit of space and it’s free. Since no-one’s suggesting anything I’ll suggest that.
Which would work better for y’all, the 9th or the 16th of March? Maybe if we could get together we could come up with a better place for a long-term solution, but that’s all I got.

How many people are looking to come?

1 Like

I’m willing to go wherever we decide to meet.

Someone please message me if something actually happens, I rarely check this site

1 Like

Hey guys, weather is starting to get better every day. So do you guys think meeting up at a park might work? This thread lost steam. But it was cold out. I’d still like to make this happen. I’m going to send out messages to you guys individually. I know I don’t really check this forum at all. I know there’s a few other people that don’t either.

1 Like

Hey Nathan, great ideal! You mentioned a fee. Do you know how much? I’d be willing to chip in or just pay the whole thing depending on the price.

1 Like

Hey, Bryan! Looks like library rental fees, for cardholders, are $25/hour. Since it’s so nice right now, I’m leaning towards a park myself…

1 Like

What parks are in Spartanburg that would be “yoyo friendly”?
(What would even make a park “yoyo friendly” now that I’m thinking about it…)

that would probably depend on the ground - preferably grass. Being in a not so crowded park can also be a benefit, and of course, you want to avoid string burns so a tree-surrounded environment can cool down the temperature of the area and/or you can stay under the shade.

1 Like

I agree on most of those, but not the

part. Would it be better to be in a park with a medium amount of people, so that we could try to teach others “The Modern Art of Yoyoing”?

1 Like

i didnt think of that :0
One thing though, if it were TOO crowded, then non yoyo people might get hit.

3 Likes

Hi Selenica,

We’re trying to work out a place to meet up right now. As the weather is getting nicer we are thinking a park would be our best bet. Any suggestions?

1 Like

It all depends on what our goals are as a club.
If we want to mainly promote yoyoing, then our meeting place goals will be different than if we want to improve our own skills just by being around one another. We could even have a competition “team” eventually, or our purpose could also be just to exist as a fellowship of fellow skill toy enthusiasts.

Any Ideas? What would all of you guys want the goal of this get-together to be?

1 Like

Couple of parks around Spartanburg:

• Barnet Park in downtown Spartanburg, venue and greenspace with a splashpad.
  • Morgan Square on Spartanburg’s Main St, small grassy space.
  • Tyger River Park, lots of baseball fields but still got some playgrounds/open grassy spaces, pretty busy.
  • Milliken Arboretum, basically a bunch of fields, not so busy.

I like the idea of focusing on social and skill development at this point in time. Thoughts?

1 Like

I noticed Barnet in my limited research, but any of the options look good.

I live in gastonia nc it about two and a half hours away from Greenville but if any on wants to start a yoyo club please let me know (gastonia is also in the charlotte area)

1 Like