Upgrading from YYF One (Recommendation)!

Thanks for taking your time for this. I really appreciate it. I’m going for the DM2 Yoyoexpert special edition. Some YYJ lube and a 100 bulk string.

I’m sure this post will help a lot of people when it comes to buying either one of these yoyos.

Thanks again!!

Just a note about your One. Pull the nut and bolt out, and see if they will thread together apart from the yoyo. On almost half of my Ones (hey, it’s a good little $10 yoyo, why bother deciding which color to get? ;D) the axle is barely long enough when you put the wider bearing in. On those, I have to pop the caps off, to pinch the nut and bolt together as I twist them to get the threads to start. If the nut and bolt won’t screw together, you can replace both pieces for less than a buck at a hardware store.

If the bolt is barely long enough, that would explain the larger video on the product page:

However, I have swapped out the bearing in my ONE and had zero problems with it and I never removed the caps.

Since removing the axle involves popping at least one cap, it would make sense to pop the other cap as well. But, people should really watch some yoyo maintenance videos. No, not for the point of stopping forum postings, but to raise personal knowledge and awareness. Granted, yoyos aren’t necessarily all that complicated, but we should know how to take our stuff apart and put it back together.

I was watching that new show, “American Guns”. I’m not into guns, but I am into the elements behind it. Similarly, I don’t personally like motorcycles either but I appreciate the craft of them. Anyhow, the daughter was challenged to completely break-down a pistol and put it back together. I forget the acronym term, but it makes sense: know how to service and maintain your gear. I realize we all can’t do this for everything, but a yoyo is much simpler than a gun.

I had never bothered to watch that video, and you’re right, it does mention it late in the video. I’ve got four of them, two of them work totally normal, and two of them I have to pop the caps like he does in the video. Anyway, I just thought gyiry should take a second to check, because there might not be anything wrong with his One. Actually, I don’t know what I was thinking this morning, all he would have to do to check is try to reassemble it with the skinny bearing again.

Thanks for your consern Java. My One is perfectly fine. I have popped the caps off several times just to see how my One was built. I used to use the slim bearing but I moved out of it when I started intermediate tricks and such. Now I’m in need of a new throw (DM2 is on its way here) for advanced tricks.

Thanks again though! It’s good to know there’s a lot of friendly people in these forums.

I just want to put this out there. I silicone recessed my flying squirrel and it is an awesome throw. Also I dislike bimetals. I prefer either 100% metal or 100% plastic, the bimetals feel weird and “cheap” to me.