UPDATE Wooden H Shaped Throw "Acual Prototype!" well, 1/2 of one!

we sent people to the moon, I’m pretty sure we can figure out a way to make a playable wooden throw ;D

again, people have figured it out. they just haven’t figured out a way to make hundreds or thousands in a cost-effective way. both these guys play as well as any plastic i own, and better than some modern metals. they each took a master wood-turner a week to get right.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yNN5FbmxE8Y/SacQMYEz0LI/AAAAAAAAAL0/ScxcYFO5h1Q/s1600/P1020202_2.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yNN5FbmxE8Y/StIeT_eQfeI/AAAAAAAAAcI/NRs0rU-RTDg/s1600/P1060271.jpg

exceptions would include the rd-1 & sleep machine, but that’s not what you guys are saying you’re after.

WOW Ed, those are amazing!!!

Purpleheart is very hard and brittle. It would look amazing, but it would only survive one hit on the ground

well, would we actually want to mass produce wooden throw? as I see it, it would rather be some sort of collectable/high end stuff with still a very distinct philosophy. I’d rather pay $200 for something amazing, well built, beautiful and well thought, than $50 for something cool

I got an RD-1 and throw it every now and then, I love it ! and it’s so beautiful

Het Ed, is that a wood&evil 4 and btw olive your blog! :slight_smile:

I do not know who you are or to know who you are. All I was doing was tellling him that there are kids on this forum who would probably would type that up on google not even knowing what it is. I bet I am more popular in the community than you knowing you only have 36 posts as well.

That was 3 pages ago. I think you should drop it so this thread doesn’t get locked or deleted.

On another note most kids already know what it is, so unless there like 5 it doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Thanks and yes it is!

I olive your blog too Ed!

the irony being that i positively detest olives, but arigato!

That looks amazing Ed! If they can mass produce metal throws i would think wood would be no different, granted the weight would be skewed a bit, or weigh each half and then add custom weights in each throw.

Happy Holidays!

~Chris Severson

you would, huh? ah well. must be the same then. guess i’m off my rocker.
have fun storming the castle, boys!

cool dos it play as well?

~ justin

This truly is some stiff humor

getting back to the original topic, what about weight distribution? the weight of wood isnt always the same if you cut a block perfectly in half. what if the two halves arent the same weight?

Here’s a design I came up with. It’s not an h-shape, but I like it.

The silvery color is stainless steel (Not really but it’s supposed to be). It also has a nice IRG.

That looks awesome! it reminds me if a spyy pro, very cool! I wish i knew how to use sketch up to make yoyos, i cant figure it out :confused:

Happy Holidays!,

~Chris Severson