unresponsive

As others have suggested, lubing the bearing with any light machine oil should do the trick.

Don’t feel pressured into learning to bind, it’s all about having fun. Heck, after 6 years+ of throwing, I still love playing responsive, just because I’m kinda a lazy guy. Why go through all that extra effort when a simple tug of the wrist will do the trick?

2 Likes

I keep my ONE responsive just because it’s a great “try it” yoyo to carry with me. Cheap, durable, easy to use. Plus, sometimes I’ll use it to see how well I am doing my tricks. If it snags and tries to come back, I’m not clean enough yet.

First of all, welcome to the forum. I’m going to have to go with the “put a drop of lube in that bearing” crowd. To get enough in there to make it responsive, you don’t even have to take the shields off of the bearing. Just put a drop on the side of the bearing and turn it a few times, and the oil will be drawn into it. The assumption is that everyone wants to learn to bind. Well, that assumption is not always right. I played for a couple of years before I started making some of my yoyos unresponsive. Learn to play responsive if that’s what you want to do. I still have some yoyos that I keep responsive. (Plus a half a dozen with wooden axles) I agree with Studio, I think playing responsive once in a while makes you smoother. I still think it’s the best way to learn. Do what you want to do.

1 Like

Well said, Java.

Binding takes very little time to learn how to do. Just learn that and you’ll be golden. As for teaching a Hooters girl to yoyo, that is a fantastic idea and anyone who hates on that is out of their damn mind. I wish my g/f would pick up a yoyo and throw with me.