Unresponsive yoyo became responsive

Hi. I wan’t to ask you why my unresponsive yoyo become responsive. My yoyo is yoyofactory velocity i bought it a long time ago and i come back after a long time and i realize it become half way respnsive i clean up berings and i lube them but when i lube them it become responsive so i let it clean whitout any lube. it’s better but not like i remember it was so can you help me solve this problem pleese.

You could just need a new bearing all together, are you using the right lube? (thin lube)

1 Like

I didn’t use yoyo lube becuse i don’t have it at home and i don’t won’t to buy it.I use a knife lube “Benchmade Blue Lube” . Dose it make a difrent or i shudn’t use it ?

Take the bearing out, and soak it in rubbing alcohol for a while. Take it out and spin on a pencil for @ 2 minutes. Try it, is it better? Then take the lube you have, and put some on the point of a pin.

That’s all you are going to put on the bearing.

You never said how you cleaned it.

1 Like

Welcome @Jorix.
Check out the dials on the sides are working properly and that one of or both of the response shuttles are turned all the way out towards the sides. You want that gap as wide as possible to make it unresponsive.

1 Like

I checked it out gap it’s as wide as possible. I cleaned it like that: i removed shelding and i put it in acetone wait for about a 2 minutes and i put in yoyo. Shoud i put shelding back? It’s unresponsive but if i pull it very hard and it will come near to like hend like 15 cm (small ruler) it’s backs to me.

Don’t bother with lube if you want it to be maximally unresponsive. I second the recommendation to try cleaning the bearing again.

1 Like

I had the same issue with my Aurora. From experience, WD-40 does not work.

Using the correct lube fixed it right up!

2 Likes

I see there is a couple new users here. Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Hope you fix your bearing. I love the velocity. It is my favorite responsive yoyo and I always recommend it to beginners.

1 Like

WD-40 won’t work w/ any yo-yo bearing FYI

2 Likes

I always clean with lither fluid. The bearing might not be completely unresponsive right off the bat but after playing on it for a while it should become more unresponsive.

1 Like

I mean Lighter fluid

1 Like

Rubbing alcohol is fine, and safest for many. Be careful with acetone or lighter fluid.
Acetone is pretty caustic. I know some pretty young kids visit this forum, and rubbing alcohol is their safest bet.

1 Like

Do not use rubbing alcohol, use nearly pure (91%+) Isopropyl alcohol.

While rubbing alcohol does have isopropyl alcohol in it, it also has oils to enhance its use on skin as well as perfumes to make it more pleasant to smell. These additives make it a poor choice to clean a bearing because they are left behind when the alcohol evaporates.

2 Likes

Yes you are right. I use 99% isopropyl, safer than acetone. I think if it’s all you had, it would be ok (rubbing) but I agree with you.

2 Likes

Now i have clean bering but the problem is even clean whitout any lube is backs to me not always but sometimes if i pull it hard

I think it’s fault of bering

Bearings do occasionally die, you might need a new one unfortunately.

Not sure if this is off topic but does anyone know how a ceramic bearing is better than regular ones? From what I understand, ceramic is good for very high speed applications but yoyos don’t doing THAT quickly.