Undersized yoyo fans? Anyone?

I’m actually better on a fullsized than a undersized.

im the opposite -_- at least for now…?

For me, small and complicated tricks are better suited for undersized. For example, one with really fast string transfers and small ins and outs through gaps.

Large ones are for when I don’t give a damn about sloppiness, I just go all crazy.

So in actuality, when Full-size may seem a more conservative choice because it doesn’t zip around, undersize is actually a more conservative choice because it requires that you tone it down a little and think a bit more while transferring strings.

The OG stardust had such a good shape + weight + size.

1 Like

i feel the 888 is soooooo underrated. i like it!

also, i dont care about smootheness much. i yoyo to have fun. and i have fun going really fast. i know its messy and choppy, but i enjoy playing like that. the undersized yoyos are REAALLYY fun to play with.

Dude, this^

The 888x completely killed the 888’s reputation as a quality metal. Not YYF’s fault, it’s more-so our community and how we see the 888x as inferior because it was made in China. 888 prices were fine before the 888x, now even 07 888’s are rapidly dropping in value.

Although my first yoyo was the 888x, I still do not get why so many first-metal buyers insist on getting one. I certainly wouldn’t have gotten one for a first metal if I knew better. Although the 888x is a great yoyo, many people do not know how to use it correctly, and thus, when they get their next yoyo, they think,“Wow, that 888x was a POS, why did I even get that? It’s so unstable!”

The walls are used for tilt control, and if you have a sloppy throw, it’s going to tilt! If you’re used to metal yoyos by now, you can use the walls to your advantage! Yet so many people complain about the highwall! It’s there for a reason! It’s for tilt control! Why would you even get an 888 as a first metal? It’s small, it has a highwall, it probably isn’t stable enough for beginners if you don’t know how to tilt-control!

Personally, I think the 888x outperforms the 07. My favorite is the 09. 09 888’s have this particular feel to them that makes them so fun to play with!

My feelings exactly… I still have a love for 888s. Except for the last part. 07’s are the best IMO, 09’s next then the rest. I don’t get the 888x hate.

Yea, the 07 is a bit too light for me, but I can understand why you like it.

That thing is lightning quick! It definitely requires less effort to move than an 09 or an 888x.

The feel when you push any 888 to full speed is just so good, I’ve never felt any other yoyo do this. 888’s feel like axes flying through the air when they reach full speed. They feel hollower at full speed for some reason.

888’s are freaking awesome!

1 Like

i have an 07. its a babe! its goes soo fast. almost as fast as the skyline imo! another shocker. i acually LIKE the 888x!

Skyline goes darn fast, but it doesn’t do it for me, actually. Not like an 888 does!

The Skyline is fast, but I feel that it sacrifices some stability. The 888 is much more solid-er. The 888 in general seems like a more refined product.

Still, a heavier skyline would be amazing.

Nevermind, I hear that the newest run of Skylines is 2grams heavier.

I want one now, lol.

true. i had one of the newest run skylines. without stacks it was PERFECT!

I had an older run splash.

It was amazing, but a bit too light for me. I liked the weight distribution, but it lacked the “punch” that I liked.

Dead smooth and gorgeous though. The 62 gram version without stacks is way too light though.

Speedy as heck though. It has the lightness that the 07 888 has.

thats why i like it :wink: i like 63-66 in general, but i do like 62 and 67 depends on the yoyo! (skyline no stacks) i would take the stacks on and off repeatedly when i got bored with the weight :smiley:

I used too many "though"s in the last post.

I play my stacked yoyos mostly with the caps off, but the bearing and o-ring intact; it gives it this in-between weight that I like.

It definitely worked on my superstar and my 888.

that is soooooo smart! i have to try that! like a make shift side effect! thanks!

just tried it on my 888. its perfect! thanks again!

I had a G .5 awhile back. It was a lot of fun. I have no idea why I traded it… Oh yeah to get a hulksmash marmot ")

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r1i0cr
|Y|O|R|E|D| @~~

I would like to be good with undersized yoyos some day, but right now I don’t really jive well with them. And yeah, I would attribute them to my skill. They always kind of tilt sooner for me compared to full sized throws. Someday!

I did like the Battosai, though (awkward silence)

:smiley: