Under $15?

Ok so I bought a dm2 and am looking for a spare yoyo to use on the go.
I want this one to be under $15 so if I lose it , it won’t be a huge disaster.
So far I have been thinking of a
T5 magic yoyo
Yyj original
Yyj surge
Speedaholic
Onestar
Or buying new sticker pads for my old metal drifter :stuck_out_tongue:
Please leave suggestions or other yoyos below.
(I play 1a and very little 5a.)

The YYJ Classic(what you may be referring to as the YYJ Original) would be fine with upgrades, but that raises your costs.

The rest are fine choices as well, depending on your likes, needs and wants. You may also wish to consider a stackless Grind Machine, PSG and/or Asteroid in there. Maybe a YYF One or WHIP as well. If you want a “share” yoyo for beginners to try, yet plays great for unresponsive or responsive with minimal effort, a Velocity would be a fine choice.

HOLD EVERYTHING…

AND GET A C3 SPEEDAHOLIC. I’M TYPING THIS IS ALL CAPS BECAUSE WORDS CAN’T EXPRESS HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO GET THIS YOYO IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR ONE UNDER $15.

GET IT. NOW. I’M SERIOUS. YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.

I would personally get a t5. But the speedaholic is cool too… metal or plastic, up to you.

Get the speedaholic if you are looking for an unresponsive yoyo, works awesome!

I’d look at the speedaholic, the classic or the surge ($16.20 from yoyoe slightly above budget) these are great yoyos and a real good bang for your buck.

Congrats on the dark magic II and are you into responsive play only or are you working on unresponsive play also?

The classic is a responsive yoyo but can be converted to non responsive with a bearing upgrade and adding a set if pads as well (verses the o-rings that came with it).

The surge is already unresponsive and plays like a champ, plays differently then the classic because of the differences in shape from the classic, the rims and overall design is slightly different also the weight displacement is also a little different.

I’ve not played the speedaholic, but the reviews I’m reading are that it plays fast and stable with a really nice feel on the string.

Good luck and happy hunting in your next yoyo addition :slight_smile: .

YYJ classic with a wide bearing with reccessed slicone is awesome get one!

Speedaholic.

Speedaholic HANDS DOWN.

Just got my Speedaholic today and it’s the best $13.50 I’ve spent so far. It’s price vs performance is perfect. There’s just no question. Get the Speedaholic!

If u want a metal, get a Magic YoYo. If u want a plastic, get the Speeaholic. :slight_smile:

i think the surge is good but everyones different

Speedaholic for sure. Best budget throw period.

Speedaholic, looks amazing.

P.s I have not played it so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Speedaholic is good, but if you touch it the slightest bit, it will slow it down. For $13 that thing is a steal, but I wish it had a better finish, I’d pay more for that.

I’d say Surge if you like heavier throws. IMO, I just like it better that the Speedaholic. Just add a shim or 2.

Adding shims bumbs up the price more.

I think it’ll be a good idea to throw a centering bearing in the Speedaholic.

Well looks like I’m getting a speedaholic!
Someone told me that I should get a one yoyo as it comes with a free bearing…
Worth it?
Also I’m into unreaponsive and don’t have a preference between metal and plastic so is speedaholic still better than magic yot5?

Sorry for double post

The ONE comes with two bearings, one responsive and another unresponsive because it allows beginners to move from responsive to unresponsive. But for someone who can bind, the speedaholic is anyhow better than the ONE unless if you are looking for a fun yoyo to play as the ONE is too light. As for to pick the T5 or speedaholic, it depends if you want a metal or plastic. The Speedaholic is great, but I’ve heard good comments on the T5 too.

You can always satin the plastic if you want it to grind but it shouldn’t matter that much
The person was also most likely talking about the Gacek one which comes with a free centertrack bearing which costs more the the yoyo itself so it’s somewhat of a deal. The speedaholic will still be a better overall yoyo but if you want to get a string centering bearing it’s not a bad deal