Type of bearing you prefer?

Speaking of Buddha bearings, does anyone know of a supplier other than BillyBob’s?

1 Like

Buddah bearings are their house brand, so it’s super unlikely to find them elsewhere.

1 Like

It seemed to be that way based on my search. I still havent received any packages from YYBB, so im not sure if im willing to attempt business with them anymore.

1 Like

I like them all. I will gladly play any bearing, so long as it is quiet as a whisper.

Also, I’d like to try one of these 16 ball bearings

20190124_223158

6 Likes

I like Dif KonKave bearings. I have a bunch and they’ve all been great.

My guess is that bearing wouldn’t play good in a yoyo. More ball bearings means more surface to surface contact. More surface to surface contact means more friction and a slower bearing.

2 Likes

NSK all the way!

They don’t play any different, at least not that I could tell. in my opinion more moving parts is just more that can go wrong when it comes to yo-yos.

3 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett @vegabomb Well thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams guys.

8 Likes

I try my best. :rofl:

7 Likes

Pixel! please someone bring them back

Have you tried DS bearings? One of my favorites and pretty much the same shape as pixel.

4 Likes

I’ve had one before and it’s didnt last long even after proper cleanings and lubings

A different opinion (not mine, btw):

3 Likes

Not the best test though. Yeah it sounds different, but that’s not an indicator of performance. Throw on some noise cancelling headphones, have someone else swap out the bearings, and I bet he cant tell the difference.

3 Likes

I just like the CT shape. It very much feels like a “best of both worlds” middle ground between flat bearings and strictly centering bearings. The benefits of open suicides and successful multi layered tricks plus the benefits of strings kept off the pads.

I genuinely dislike every strictly centering bearing. It feels like the strings get fuddled and wrap and snag so much worse in more complicated advanced tricks. They’re amazing at less dense stuff though.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Lol! I tried reading that sign in a few different ways, and none of it is working for me.

6 Likes

Yet another way we crush your hopes and dreams!

5 Likes

Unresponsive yo-yoing with a bearing which gives high spin time.

1 Like

I had an issue with my first transaction with them (it’s frowned upon to mention other online stores here in the YYE Forum… for obvious reasons ;). However I will say it was finally resolved and for my troubles was given an item identical to what I’d ordered thrown in for free.

1 Like