Type of bearing you prefer?

Some people do, but these people are wrong :wink:

5 Likes

Grooved. Concave feels weird for me. I donā€™t really know why but I feel like a concave doesnā€™t make a yoyo ā€œfeel goodā€.

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

I am very fond of the Onedrop 10 ball flat bearing, those things are so smooth and lovely. I have a grooved 10 ball in my CLYW Puffin which I also really like, smooth and quiet!

2 Likes

Yeah, the spin characteristics of the One Drop bearings are exceptional. I just wish the dang things wereā€™t flat!

1 Like

Iā€™m hearing a lot of good things about this bearing! I gotta get me one ans represent!!

1 Like

I feel exactly the same way. I find my OD yoyos with their stock bearings spin sooooo well, but the flat bearing pales in comparison to anything else for me :confused:

2 Likes

I like the fact it is flat, it helps train your to throw more straight (in my experience anyway). Thatā€™s not to say I dislike other types of bearing though.

3 Likes

I have a few with CT and the rest concave - 3 of which are Buddha whipple but right now I have no idea whatā€™s in what. I bagged the flat that came in my Top Deck.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been a flat bearings in any capacity. Center Tracs are okay, and OD 10 balls can be nice, but I like my string centering.

Full-ceramics didnā€™t really do it for me and itā€™s hard to justify $30 in hardware per yoyo.

Cheap Chinese 10 ball concaves are my choice.

2 Likes

I have those in a couple of my yoyos and they do seem to work well. In fact, they have yet to seize up on me the way two of my Dif-e-o KKs have. :thinking:

1 Like

Huh, even thin lubed they seized? As in, were rendered unusable?

1 Like

The first one that seized could not be saved by either cleaning or lubing.

The second one I have yet to get around to cleaning and lubing.

By seized I mean that after only a couple hours of play (not continuous play), the bearing stopped spinning freely. Just all of a sudden, in the middle of a trick the bearing started screaming very loudly, and upon opening up the yoyo and giving it a flick, it would barely move. IMO this should not happen to any new bearing of any style/design unless it was manufactured improperly.

2 Likes

Agreed that is super bad.

1 Like

Definitely shouldnā€™t happen so soon. Did you buy the bearings from us? Weā€™d be happy to replace them if it was a recent purchase.

2 Likes

I really hate being That Guy who you have to keep sending replacement bearings to. You already sent me a replacement for the first bearing the seized up (the one that came stock in my Surveillance).

This second one is a Dif-e-o KK I bought from YYE a few months back, before I had any yoyos that came with them stock, so I could compare its quality and performance to the cheaper Chinese KK clones I had bought off eBay. It sat in its tiny ziplock bag and didnā€™t get any use until I put it in my Surveillance just a couple of weeks ago (the replacement you sent, mentioned above, sits in an entirely different throw at the moment).

2 Likes

the circular ones that spinā€¦

mgodzilla

rainā€¦

3 Likes

Youā€™re not being That Guy at all, new parts should work! Iā€™ll send a PM and we can get it taken care of for you.

9 Likes

as long as itā€™s ceramic and string centering I donā€™t care what brand it is.

2 Likes

I can attest to the greatness of the JD Whipple bearings, both of mine are beasts

3 Likes