Tyler Severence 1A

But they didn’t. And if your waiting for that, just get rid of this thread, and PM that person, and take it to PM’s.

1 Like

Thats a really weird comment. Lets just delete the whole “learn” section from this site then. He obviously likes that combo and thinks it will be fun, and I don’t think he would ask unless he was capable or thought it would help him in some way.

First of all, all of those tricks everybody does, not really only one person’s. Second of all, when you advance more, you don’t end up in the end doing other people’s tricks, you do your own, and use elements from other tricks. Because if everybody was doing the same tricks and not making up their own, everybody would place the same in a contest. Now can we just be done with this thread now?

^
At one point of time, only Andre knew how to do Ladder Escape…

Yeah, I know…

Also everyone usta’ learn each others tricks and throw them on stage at contests.

But the thing is, at some point in time, just about all of those tricks in the Learn section were only one person’s. But now they’re known as “everyone’s” tricks because of the fundamental aspect of community in this hobby which you seem to be so actively opposing in this instance. And let me ask you this. I don’t know if you play music or anything, but if you do, at what point do you tell yourself “I never want to learn any cover songs ever again and only play originals from here on out”? I can pretty much guarantee you that any performing musician (with very few notable exceptions) will continue to learn others’ musical pieces regardless of their own personal level of skill or desire for advancement. Why? Because it’s fun.

This type of attitude to me just hinders others’ progress. Sure it’s important to create your own tricks to some (not all) people, but at the end of the day it’s about having fun. The comment about everyone striving to know only the same tricks and place the same in contests was (I’m sorry) just ridiculous and way off base. The OP thought Tyler’s trick was just A trick (implying nowhere that he will dedicate the rest of his yo-yoing career to learning other peoples’ tricks) that looked fun and he wanted to learn it, but he needed some help perhaps from someone more experienced who could maybe dissect the combo a little more easily than he could. And if he didn’t get a response the first time, he could try again in hopes that someone will then pick up his request the next time around.

If you want this thread to die, keep the negative attitude and non-sequitur arguments out of it, and maybe actually help him learn the trick or encourage someone with a sufficient level of skill to do so.

I didn’t mean to be mean or anything. Sorry. But I was just trying to say that not everyone does the same trick. I guess I got a little too far off hand. I’m just saying people usually make up their own tricks as they advance. I didn’t want to criticize anybody, and I’m sorry I couldn’t be of help.

It isn’t that hard to learn a trick without a tutorial.

It is called trick stealing and everyone does it.

Sure it is good to have fun, but it is also important to be innovative and advance the sport. Plus, if someone wants to learn a trick, why shouldn’t they put in a little effort and learn it without a tutorial? The “Learn” section here is great, but there will never be a tutorial for every trick and people need to learn that they will feel better if they put in more effort.

That’s what I was saying earlier. But the learning part, now that I think of it, it isn’t hard. Just watch it over and over, and that’s about it. After like the 50th time you’ll probably get it. :stuck_out_tongue: But if you do that, I’m sure you could learn it. It’s just a matter of how well you understand that trick.

Exactly, and I’m right there with both of you on the whole learning by repetition technique, and I’m a huge advocate of feeling the sense of accomplishment by figuring stuff out (not just yo-yo tricks by any means) by yourself, but my point is he wanted some help and there’s no harm in him asking. We have to keep this place welcoming and open to those who need help because they’re really one of the most important parts of these forums.

thanx alot guys