Two new releases from YYF - JDS Shutter & The IQ!

Wow! Shipping was super fast! Thanks YYE.

I got the red and the color is more of a burgandy. This thing play so nice.

6 Likes

Fingerspins are not a primary consideration of the design. If you can fingerspin well you can definitely fingerspin with it but if thatā€™s a primary consideration. I could recommend other yoyos that give up something else to give a better fingerspin experience.

7 Likes

Thanks for answering my question Ben :+1:t2: I see so it was not a primary design Choice for finger spins but instead for performance which looks amazing :star_struck::grin:
P.S congrats on the win Ben :wink: !!!

2 Likes

Picked up an IQ yesterday! Super stoked to try it out based on how much Ben loves it. Hard not to trust his opinion too since heā€™s tried/created more throws than Iā€™ve ever had.

@yyfben2.deactivated curious to know what it looks like under the SS ring? Any pics of it without them?

8 Likes

Iq definitely looks fireeeee

5 Likes

Wiffle ball light. I donā€™t have a physical cut pic nor really want to share the cad but you can kinda tell looking that The weight is mostly in that inside corner of the ring. The width in the ring gives it the look but itā€™s mostly in the inner.

4 Likes

I am not sure that I understand this description. Can you explain?

smart yo for smart pros

9 Likes

Now I am even more confusedā€¦But OK.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing the terminology is whatā€™s throwing you off, particularly the word ā€œrequrementsā€.

A requrement is similar to a requirement, but specifically denotes team competitors. There is no ā€œIā€ in requrement.

Ivan

6 Likes

The whole statement seems awkward.

Maybe something like: The IQ checks all the boxes in current yo-yo trends.

1 Like

Hereā€™s how I read it: Itā€™s made for players (like Gentry) who are intelligently able to identify the tricks that get ā€œclicksā€ from judges at contests, and thus a higher final score. Basically, this is a yoyo that handles pretty much anything the highest level, or ā€œhighest trick IQā€ players can throw at it.

I thought it was good marketing.

5 Likes

Oh; I see. I guess I have never equated I.Q. with being ā€˜cleverā€™. Was Einstein ā€˜cleverā€™?

ā€¦ But we digress.

I have tried out the I.Q. and it is indeed a superior performer. I am still in the early stages of playing it; but it has been nothing but a joy so far. YYF really knocked this one out of the park.

2 Likes

I was just joking around, I didnā€™t write it. Thatā€™s copy from YYF I think.

2 Likes

You answered @Yoyogeek15 , but you didnā€™t really answer @craZivn. How does it compare? I understand itā€™s not a primary consideration.

I find both the Shutter and Shutter Wide Angle to be very capable for fingerspins.

Sorry Iā€™m late to the game, somehow I missed this one.

1 Like

I have a JDS Shutter now so I can answer my own question! The JDSā€™s cup is larger diameter and (I think) shallower than the Wangle but I still find fingerspins to be quite nice on it. Maybe not as stable as the Wangle on the spin, but easier to hit the fingerspin cup for tyros like me, since the cup occupies more real estate.

Ivan

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on finger spins with my iQ, and even though it might not be a consideration, I find it does a fantastic job with them. Iā€™m also using a Speedaholic XX which is probably the best FS throw Iā€™ve ever used, so Iā€™ll compare them for you.

The Speedaholic feels almost like itā€™s on a rod, and you just have to stand there holding it. Ultra smooth and doesnā€™t move around at all once youā€™re in the dimple. Easy.

The iQ revolves around your finger tip since thereā€™s a nipple in the middle of the cup. The glossy finish keeps everything smooth, and due to the extreme stability the rings give it, itā€™s also very easy, just a ā€œdifferentā€ spin.

Between the two, I find it easier to get into (and out of) a spin with the iQ, but the Speedaholic sets in better once youā€™re in the dimple. And I say this from a just starting out stance where I can land it about 50%, maybe less, of the time. Bottom line, the iQ wonā€™t disappoint you on finger spins!

3 Likes