TWO New Bi-Metals from Duncan - Barracuda X & EXIT 8!

Duncan on Bi-Metal Design: If you’ve been following our bimetal yo-yos, you know what we’ve been up to. We want to improve all our previous yo-yos. We believe in our designs, so we keep improving them to fit the constant advancements that are happening in modern yo-yo design. We hired some of the best engineers in yo-yo design to work on updating our yo-yos. From aesthetics to playability to tolerance, we are doing it all, we are all in.

Barracuda X:

From Duncan: The Barracuda is a yo-yo that is time-proven, used to win three world and more than twenty national, regional, and state championships. A classic Duncan yo-yo that is relevant even in the modern yo-yo scene. But we wanted something better…

Presenting to you our seventh bi-metal yo-yo, the Barracuda X, signature yo-yo of world champion Rafael Matsunaga! After revisiting this timeless design for the fourth time, we realized that we needed a bi-metal version. We didn’t want this to be mediocre yo-yo, so we put everything in to designing this product.

What kind of changes did we make? First up, the minimal cup. To give the best tolerance, we had to keep it minimal in the cup so it’s an easier product to machine, allowing us to focus on the weighting the rim and giving a larger catch zone. Second, the material. If you are a yo-yo player, you know that 7075 Aluminium and stainless steel is a pretty bold combination. Making this possible is something that we are proud of. Lastly, the new specs make it reliable for 1A, 3A and 5A styles alike. The design is pretty straightforward, focusing on the actual playability, look and performance.

Overall, Barracuda X gave us the opportunity to maximize the original Barracuda’s design limit. It’s the yo-yo you’ll like using both in stage in competition and off stage just hanging out. No matter if you play fast or slow, it’s a comfortable design that you can rely on for daily use.

EXIT 8:

From Duncan: The new eXit 8 is here! Designed by Takeshi Kamisato, a Duncan legend and world-renowned skill toy master!

Our focus here was to update the Exit 8 design to fit the current meta of yo-yoing. The final result is a masterpiece! It’s just undersized enough that gives you all the comfort of an undersized yo-yo, but features a bi-metal placement that gives you a unique feeling, strong spin-time and an astonishing look!

From Takeshi: I selfishly designed the eXit 8 with what I want in a yo-yo. The size, the shape, the weight distribution, string gap… everything is just the way I like it. Every element was decided on with functionality and playability in mind. It’s just a coincidence that it’s also aesthetically pleasing. I love it and I hope that others will too.

8 Likes

Exit 8 looks really nice, how does it play?

3 Likes

My first impression: Fast and powerful. Really smooth, slightly smaller, with a super agile responsive feel. Not like return to your hand responsive, but responds easily to your motions responsive.

5 Likes

$80 for a 7075 bimetal??? Wow.

3 Likes

The Grasshopper GTX is $75 and it is a fantastic yoyo. Duncan has really been upping their bimetal game lately.

3 Likes

The new Barracuda is great. Original Exit 8 was one of my first yo-yos and this new version looks sweet! Super excited to try it at some point.

5 Likes

In pretty sure the grasshopper gtx is 6061. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

It is.

1 Like

Well, we know where that extra $5 went… :wink:

2 Likes

I read your previous comment wrong, lol. That’s my bad.

1 Like

Yes!!! Been waiting for the Barracuda X! @YoYoExpertGarrett @AndreBoulay any plans to stock the Yoshicuda X, too?

4 Likes

The Barracuda X hits all my “ideal” spec numbers except gap width. But a 4.68mm gap isn’t bad at all (I just prefer gaps <= 4.50mm). And at less than 64g, it’ll really fly!

1 Like

Oh wow tbh I was expecting it to be like $120 and 6061. Much better value than expected. Also didn’t think this was gonna be released here until after worlds

How bout the yoshi?

5 Likes

Where’s that Yoshicuda?

2 Likes

/sadface.png
I’d be all over the barracuda had they made it available in green! Dang me and my nonsense! >.<’

3 Likes

The heart wants what the heart wants. :grin:

4 Likes

The exit8 has been my most played Yoyo other than the tiwalker since I got it in May. It’s an incredible performer and super fun. I find it to be maneuverable but not too punishing if you happen to get a little out of plane.

I want the yoshi also. I wonder if yye will stock it?

3 Likes

I’m sure they will. I’m pretty sure this is Duncan’s left over Nationals stock and they sold out of the Yoshi there.

4 Likes

its amazing I got one at nats and I love it im going to do a review no it soon

2 Likes

Yes! Four new colors of Yoshicuda X coming soon! :blush:

11 Likes