Turtle Wax For Anodized Throws

Been looking for a way to protect the finish on anodized throws, to maintain their vibrance and such. Been reading about Monkeyfinger Buff but it’s difficult to get, so would something like Turtle Wax work? If you guys have some suggestions it would be much appreciated!

Buff is in stock right now… Monkeyfinger Buff – YoYoExpert

A little goes a long way, too

5 Likes

Wax to protect anodizing on yo-yos is wholly unnecessary. If you’re worrying about the color fading I wouldn’t. Wax in general won’t do much to protect the anodize or add to the color.

3 Likes

how long would you say one lasts? shipping can get expensive so i rarely spend on anything other than throws.

will keep this in mind thanks! i like the shine when the yoyo is new so i was looking for ways to help the ano and colors stay bright but looks like there isn’t that much need for it

2 Likes

I get that. I got some buff for Christmas and if I remember right maybe applied it to 6 throws and it’s at least 3/4 full?

1 Like

I was sceptical of MFD buff, but decided to give it a shot. Its worth 5$ and works better on some throws. Really pops my black and darker throws. I like it. For what its worth…

1 Like

very helpful thanks, highly likely to include some buff along with my next throw now!

I bought a throw on bst a while ago and this came with idk what it is correct me if im wrong but i think its that buff stuff you guys are talking about

1 Like

That actually looks like Airetic finger loop rosin - it’s supposed to be applied to the loop of nylon strings to prevent it from slipping off your finger.

6 Likes

Ok thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Geez…… that looks like my concentrate!?
Maybe not…but it looks like Wax!!

2 Likes

Here’s a reply I made about using the Monkeyfinger Buff a while back!

4 Likes

this is the effect i was looking for thank you! can’t wait to grab one along with my next purchase

2 Likes