Trusted users can adjust a subjects’ wording-spelling to hopefully be more understandable

Someone said they could on facebook.

1 Like

We can only Change the title not the actual post

1 Like

why is this in forum chat with the pros?

1 Like

I honestly can’t thank You enough.

Out of curiosity, who’s “we”? Joe?

The idea is that super trusted users (TL3) can help improve the titles of posts, for example from:

Help me!

to

One of the stainless rings is coming loose on my Shutter Bimetal

and recategorize topics, like I did for this one, which you can view in the edit history (click or tap the pencil at the upper right of the post, the more red the pencil, the more recent the edit)

But TL3 only means you can edit title and change category, not any other post content.

3 Likes

It says there’s about 101 users who can edit titles.

Don’t care. Just needed someone to do it with screenshots for Facebook…and You guys did it twice in 5 minutes. Had to shut the people up who were defending this site on the Yoyo discussion page. All good now. Is quiet now with the screenshots.

1 Like

Awesome codinghorror…and my initial question has been changed…understandably moved…and then added with the full of beans thing…or the Yes we can thing…that was because what? :slight_smile: Everyone having my best interest at heart?

Help me out.

1 Like

I just needed an honest question where I was polite with screenshots to show what goes on here. Everyone can make up their own mind.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why they felt the need to be smart asses either to be honest.

3 Likes

I’ve used the feature like coding said to clarify posts and to correct typos.

And I find it funny that Facebook yo-yo people are criticizing the forum. Much less likely for you to have an issue here than there.

6 Likes

How so and why?

2 Likes

Yes that’s the intent! To keep the place tidy by having titles that make sense, and topics in proper categories. That’s all. Only title and category can be edited by TL3 users. Not posts.

3 Likes

TL3 status is not permanent. It only stays as long as you remain very active. I’ve had it and lost it. Not on enough lately to get it back.

3 Likes

This thread has a strange pretense. Not sure which side of the fence the OP is on.
:thinking:

6 Likes