Triton Review

Hey guys. :smiley: Im gonna review my Triton today.

First Impressions

When I opened the package, i couldnt have been more excited. I was probably more excited about this one than my Summit. I opened the package to see the G2 box, and I thought,“Wow! Cool box!” I opened it up to find my Freedom Triton. I was stunned. The Red, white, and blue colorway looked amazing. I took it out and looked at the coolest looking yoyo i have ever held.

Specs

Diameter: 56.5 mm / 2.22 inches
Width: 44 mm / 1.73 inches
Gap Width: 4.42 mm / 0.17 inches
Weight: 66.7 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: Flowable Silicone

Response and Bearing

The Triton comes stock with a 10 ball bearing installed which provides long, smooth, quiet spins. It also comes with flowable silicone done by Jacob Gross himself. I love the flowable, but I’d rather have a response pad because of once the flowable wears down, I have to silicone it myself, and i suck at siliconing yoyos.

Feel

In the hand the Triton feels really nice. It has an organic shape, which I love. It feels a bit big in the hand, but it isn’t a problem.

Play

It is hard to put into words what the Triton plays like. It just feels unlike any other yoyo I’ve thrown. Most other yoyos feel solid, or really floaty, or they are made for a specific type of play. The triton feels like a mix of everything. It feels in the middle of solid and floaty, and feels really nimble and light on the string. It just feels really unique. It feels like it can do everything. I feel like it was made for slower play, but it can definitely be pushed to higher speeds. It is fantastic at horizontal, and it grinds amazing due to the Gruntbull beadblast and grind rings. It has a ton of momentum, and it is very stable. The Triton is also dead smooth. The only way i know it is spinning is because of the colorway.

Final Thoughts

I think Jake and G2 did a great job with the Triton. It is the most unique and best all around yoyo i have thrown. Honestly, I don’t own many “high end” throws. But of the ones i do own, the Triton beats them all.

thumps up nice review ^^

Often, even if the manufacturer applies flowable, the groove will accept one of the standard pad sizes. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case here.

Good review!

I’ll have to see. What size pad would you think?

Great review thanks.

G2 Jake is active on this forum. You would be best served asking him. :wink:

Rumor has it Snow Tires Fit.

Also u should have G Grips out next month. Working on getting then the exact thickness I want.

Thanks for the review. I’m glad you are happy with it :slight_smile:

Good review! After Big Bang, Freedom is one of the sickest colorways I’ve ever seen. I’ve got to get a Triton haha. :slight_smile:

Yup I agree. Big Bang is sick.

Nice review! That colorway is spectacular, probably one of the best Ano jobs I’ve ever seen!

Boy I want one!

I understand what you mean when you say this doesn’t feel like any other throw. I think that is what makes it so unique :wink:

It is one of my favorites. So smoothy and the organic curves and stability is second to none! :slight_smile:

Yup I agree :slight_smile: