Tricks that impress but shouldn't?

When I do the finger spin strong tornado thing, people are like :o but when I do ladder escape it’s like “cool”

does an awesome technical difficult combo with lots of element use

person: Thats cool, but can you walk the dog?

~Zammy

Well, Zammy, can you?

Yuki

Mach 5 seems to get a reaction but takes no skill at all.

Intense string combo I’ve been working on for a month: Cool
sideways bind: WOAH!!!

from my experience…
snap start

My yo-yo knowledge and skill is very limited as it is now. I only know very few tricks and pull the harder ones very rarely. My audience are my brothers and my friends. None of them throw at all. However, they find a smoothly or very quickly done one handed star picture trick to be impressive. They usually love picture tricks.

They go crazy over “split the atom” and “brain twister.” However, I get no reaction from doing a nice kamikaze mount. I’m hoping to get their jaws to drop once I start learning actual tricks instead of mounts and positions.

Oh yeah, suicides always make my audience go “WOW!”…even the ones I miss to catch lmfao.

I got a really big reaction in a talent show once by pulling a backup yoyo out of my pocket after knotting up my first one.

Maybe they thought you were going to do some tricks with two yoyos. Or that it was a magic trick.

Yuki

That trick is really hard dude but for me it would be gyro flop

Shame on me! All of the tricks listed, impressed me at one time, at least enough to learn them. I shouldn’t be so easily impressed but then I would be like…and I’d rather be like impressed. :wink:

Of course, you would never be impressed by such skills and that’s why…Wait you must have been impressed as well! :o So much for this conversation. ;D

1 Like