Trick-a-Week 2024—#43 Yuuki Slack

Week 42–Beef Bowler 26 Trick 47

Yo this week we’re gonna do this sweet trick by Kentaro Mannen. It’s kind of flashy maybe but is simply rolling and plucking and dropping strings. Just start at the beginning and go element by element and y’all will be through it in no time.

8 Likes
7 Likes

i could use some tips. it seems straight but it precesses like mad and i can’t get it going at anything other than a really fast pace even though i see yall doing it slower but still big boings. just occured to me if i need to film tge side view lmk

4 Likes

Okay yeah so you want to hold the whole thing nice and loose so that the string can slide on the hands. It looks like you’re pinching with the top hand maybe. Also try to keep the bottom hand still. I would stay aware of those things and try to work on it so that you can speed up and slow down. I think just practice it and focus on maintaining control. Try to do just a bounce or two and reset and repeat then add more. If it starts to precess, return to split bottom mount and straighten and repeat but try not to power through it.

2 Likes

Getting started on this week’s now. It’s really cool looking!

Henry i saw your corey lake sign… is that a lake in MI? I went to summer camp as a kid at camp eberhart on corey lake

2 Likes

Yep it’s from that camp actually! Hah! I went there as a kid and was a counselor there when I was in high school! Small world!

1 Like

When was that camp founded? It sounds very familiar, and my Grandpa grew up in Michigan. (He’s 73)

2 Likes

Like 1913 or something so that’s definitely possible!

2 Likes

He lived in Grand Rapids, which is very close to Corey Lake.

2 Likes

Holy smokes no way!

I was a camper from something like 93-2000 maybe? I stopped when i went to high school but i don’t remember when I started. Small world indeed. I even brought my yoyo one year when i was into it as a kid, used to go play in the bathroom at klinger after eating

Wow. Crazy stuff

2 Likes

Just barely got it, tough trick! Those finger plucks are definitely not my style.

5 Likes

Nice! It’s good to push out of the comfort zone! Let’s goooo!

2 Likes

I am havibg trouble with an early part of this week’s. Forgive my poor yocabulary but after the first finger swoop in then the yoyo goes over NTH and is mounted onto TH index finger… i am doing something wrong here. I end up with a weird loop on my NTH finger. I can’t tell from the tutorial what I’m doing wrong (besides not landing the element right away.)

Hopefully this video works to show

4 Likes

that very last bit at like 7s – instead of catching the yoyo on top of the string i think you’re supposed to let it drape over the throwhand index and hit the string from underneath. as that happens is when you drop the wrap around your nonthrowhand

2 Likes

Okay yeah so you lift up on the string to get the yoyo to dismount, and then the yoyo goes around and up and you stick out th index so the yoyo will go into the string, as you send the yoyo into the string, you drop a segment of string off of nth middle (or the other non index fingers like how it was set up in your vid). Let me know if that helps or if you get stuck again and i can try to make a pov no problem!

The good news is you already got like half of the trick down! Lets gooooo

Ps. I tried to show the steps but it seemed more confusing than just filming the trick in slowmo bc you couldnt see the flow.

4 Likes

Aight this trick is hard to like explain with words but i made a pov. Just theater of mind i drop a string when my other hand blocks the view

7 Likes

Super helpful thank you! I’m gonna get this dang trick this week

That hades looks awesome btw

2 Likes

POV is a game changer for me… thank you!

3 Likes

POV is the G.O.A.T.

3 Likes

That’s a fun trick

8 Likes