Trick-a-Week 2024—#41 Boing-E-Boing plus variations

Still suck at catching classic revolutions, but I’m working on it.

7 Likes

I started and stopped working on that one… but if you’re working on it maybe I should start again

2 Likes

I have been trying to learn that Takeshi combo for a while, but I swear it gets harder every time I try.

5 Likes

Week 39 - Switchbacks

MrMatio posted a new tutorial of a Takeshi trick, and it’s just a satisfying little back and forth element. It also has some continuity from last week, as it ends in a similar fashion, but with a different dismount.

6 Likes

Here’s my take from a -1.0. It works similarly from the week 27 trick if you want to combo it from that.

5 Likes

If people want some tips on any individual parts for the Takeshi slack revolutions feel free to ask and I’ll see if I can give some advice since, after spending an inordinate amount of time practicing it, I’ve got it mostly smooth now.

3 Likes

Nice work y’all that tried out that other takeshi trick last week! I really didn’t expect ppl to go for it so I’m tipping my hat to y’all for trying it. Trick is hard and I haven’t had the patients to get through the whole thing myself hah!

4 Likes
9 Likes

I am moving rn, so I haven’t had much free time, but still learned this awesome trick. I really like the concept of unwinding the string from the bearing and focus on showing a cool movement over a hard trick.

6 Likes

I really like the rhythm of this trick.

5 Likes

Was interested in learning this trick when I saw Matio’s tutorial pop up so TaW is as good an excuse as any to go ahead.

4 Likes

Week 40 - shoulder slack

40 weeks in felt like the time to finally put a single front style trick in (though it’s definitely one you can do side style).

7 Likes

Very cool!!

2 Likes

Shoutout G2 Nation

5 Likes

all right I’m gonna try this one. Gotta start getting these TaW tricks

4 Likes

Revolutions are deceptively difficult. I’m pretty sure after looking at the videos again it’s just a rhythm thing. I need to be rhythmic yet I’m actually being spastic. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

This trick is slowly making its way into my combos

6 Likes
7 Likes

Playing catch-up again…
Week 39 - Switchbacks

Week 40 - Shoulder Slack

10 Likes

Week 41 Boing-E-Boing and Variations

Yo happy Friday Y’all! This week we’re sticking with front style and will be focusing on Boings! Classic Boing-E-Boing is one of my go-to tricks to show non-yoyoers because it always gets a good reaction. It is a fun trick with a ton of awesome variations to learn. Start with traditional Boing if you haven’t learned it yet or just want to brush up on this classic. A great next step from that to learn is the over-under variation.

I’m also going to share this protrusions crash course from EOS44 for anyone that is very comfortable with boings and wants to explore more advanced variations.

Have fun and good luck! Please ask any questions that come up or if you feel just totally lost and confused!

7 Likes