Trick-a-Week 2024—#41 Boing-E-Boing plus variations

I’ve been having a ton of fun learning more variations while brainstorming what to do for this week.

10 Likes

I’m a little late with my shoulder slack, but I also did a coincidental boingy :grin: I will check out the protrusions for sure. Sick Element!

6 Likes

I’m just going to go ahead and ask for any tricks and tips for over-under boings, I’ve been struggling with this one for a loooong time now…

2 Likes

Okay yes! So I struggled and struggled also and what helped me was once you’re in the under boing position either in front or behind, kill the momentum. Then start moving forward and backwards to get it going again and then switch from a forward and backwards motion to just going up and down. When you do it for real it’s just up and down but moving forward and backwards first will help sync up the rhythm.

once you get that one more thing is to be careful and aware of is the string proportions like you don’t want to send it toooooo far down or the rhythm will be awkwardly slower than the normal boing.

6 Likes

I think to start just practice sending it from behind, letting momentum carry it under and in front of your hands, then bring it back behind to the regular boings. Once that’s smooth it should feel pretty natural to add more boings underneath.

4 Likes

Thanks for the responses and videos, this looks like a great starting point… back to the grind!:metal:

2 Likes

Here are some Boingy concepts.

13 Likes

i can get my boings bouncing but it precesses hard counterclockwise when i do :thinking::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Maybe one day. I’ve always wanted to be that good at boingies because it just looks awesome. Good job!!!

2 Likes

Keep the string lined up totally straight

2 Likes

You‘ll get there no problem.
When I started exploring the flipped or alternating Boings they felt impossible. Perseverance is key.

6 Likes

boingy boing is so cool but mine still need a lot of work

6 Likes

I am struggling with a particular element of this trick (switchback #39)

In the video in the post to which this is a reply, the part from 3:12-3:15 is what i am having trouble with.

It’s supposed to be a partial unwrapping (not sure if that’s the correct term) keeping a loop around the axle, and the next step is a chopsticks-like dismount.

My issue is that the string kicks off, like a rejection, and the loop isn’t preserved and so there’s nothing from which to dismount.

I’ve got it down pat until this point, and the next part is a slack hook that I am looking forward to working on. But alas, I am stumped by this unintended rejection.

Any tips? Or idea what i am doing wrong? I can post a video later once I get home if that’ll help

Edit: typing that out helped. A rejection means there’s lateral movement orthe whole thing is loose. I concentrated on that and got it. Now to incorporate it

3 Likes