Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

Sick trick! still have to get the instant Houdini smooth without ripping my thumb of :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Let me know if you need anymore help on the rejection part. I had so much trouble with that I actually had a conversation with Nate himself on what the heck to do at that point lol

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll take any help I can get… I think my problem was “user error”, I was popping the yoyo out the back instead of the front, and I’m having a much better time with it. Did Nate have any tips?

2 Likes

I can land in the first mount- the rejection is not happening for me sadly. I try to pop high and a bit forward with nothing happening

1 Like

Like the yoyo gets stuck and doesn’t exit the mount?

sometime it pops out, sometimes not- but the string never does the reject, it’s just kinda falls back and down ai believw

1 Like

Do you have a video? I can help.

Two best tips I have @Ironical_Monocle1 as well - point your pointer fingers “down” to create more tension.

And “twist” the right hand back toward you and “down” to really get it to pop out. Sometimes you really gotta make it happen rather than it “doing it” on its own

I can make a video if yall want

3 Likes

Turning the pointer fingers down is a complete game changer! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Popping too high can reduce the power of the rejection. For a powerful rejection, always try to move the string against the lowest part of the cup while it is under tension.

3 Likes

It really is. Like insanely different lol

3 Likes

Yo okay so if the yoyo falls down that is good. Basically you just want the yoyo to go forward and out of the mount and the string will come out of the gap. The string then goes under and over that other straight line segment of string and you land back on it. Spreading the hands apart when the Yoyo leaves the mount, will help that string snap around and into place. Making sure to use throwhand thumb to open up that loop will help create the separation to land correctly.

Also
This isn’t the most important rejection like you can do it purely by hoping out of the mount. I know Mable way struggling to get a powerful rejection bc they were using a comically large yoyo.
IMG_5754

@rickyyR so make sure your hands are super super close when you’re grabbing the segments of string. This lets you get the mount set really quick. To save your fingers, make sure you’re still throwing pretty hard and the yoyo has enough momentum to start going up like above your hands and head even. Then when you’re pulling into the mount, you’re not pulling the Yoyo up and don’t have to fight gravity. It should be swinging in an arc like an around the world. Hopefully that makes sense and helps!

3 Likes

ok ok ok- I’m now getting the rejection with these new tips thanks!

Now just gotta get it to land on string

3 Likes

I appreciate all you! I’ll keep working on this with the new tips and report back

3 Likes

Have I mentioned that TaW is clearly the best topic on the forum? So many people willing to go above and beyond to help others… Y’all are the best!

5 Likes

This is true and a good observation. Just want to add that by swinging the mounted yoyo forward as it goes up, you can keep enough tension on the string for the rejection to happen and the string to really get a nice pop off.

Yeah basically the same thing like you can also pull the hands back and it’s the tension that’s important like you said and moving your hands apart from the yoyo or the Yoyo away from the hands is the way to keep the tension while also moving upwards.

3 Likes

Watching that made me somehow want to demand more from my sleep. :rofl:

2 Likes

Your motion was very in sync with the music. It was nice to watch. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish I could say it was intentional, but as Bob Ross would say, it was a “happy accident” :laughing:

2 Likes

first time doing TaW on the forums, this one was a great trick!

9 Likes

Week 34—The Dusty GT

Non-Lefty Tut—MirrorTheVideo.com
This weeks trick is from @MrPaul_k ! They have been putting out some cool and fun trick tutorials! This one seemed like it would be good for TaW! Let us know if y’all have any questions. Have fun and good luck!

5 Likes