Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

Pretty much yea, starting at :10 on the YouTube - apologies should have provided more.

I get how he is wrapping it - but when “throwing” it out I can’t understand how he doesn’t end up with “wraps” around his finger which is messing up my throw

1 Like

Aight cool my internet is being weird I added my thoughts above. You just point to the left to let all the wraps slide off and the thumb thing is prolly what you were missing! Lemme know if that works!

Ah I see now in slo no- thanks buddy!!!

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing… it looks like an “asian pop” kind of move, but I think @GTDropKnot nailed it on the head… thanks!

2 Likes

100% I got it down now. Thanks @GTDropKnot !!!

3 Likes
7 Likes

Week 9–Yuki Nishisako Triangle Combo

Yo happy Friday! This weeks trick was suggested by @andy569 ! This trick is cool and fun and much easier than it first appears. There is a really nice flow to the trick where it feels like the trick is doing itself. If anyone has any questions at all please ask! Have fun and good luck!

9 Likes
9 Likes

Whenever I see a Matio video I know it’s going to be good. Thanks @GTDropKnot

3 Likes

Lesgooooo

9 Likes

This trick is fun.

10 Likes

Week 3 Dust Bunnies

Week 9

10 Likes

Sick! I always enjoy your clips. I think your throwing is really clean and relaxed.

1 Like

Here is mine. I am also working on getting more relaxed / switching up the speed / using the yoyos momentum better atm

10 Likes

That was perfect. Nice and smooth.

1 Like

I’ve got some catching up to do but here’s week 7, DGT.

11 Likes

I think we should all take a moment to appreciate that GT made this insane thread that is getting people to learn crazy tricks every week. I can’t believe its been 9 weeks ever since this was made. Keep on making awesome posts!

5 Likes

Such a great trick, but just 24h on a day :frowning:
Looking forward to the next one!

2 Likes

Finally I got something down and can contribute with this awesome thread.
This needs to get much smoother, above all the string dropping and subsequent GT (any advice on how to get that in one single motion?)

8 Likes

It’s all good that was sick! It’s hard to get a trick super smooth in a week like TaW is best for just like learning and exploring and trying new things.

It’s hard to get that last slack to still be a slack and also continue the flow of the Yoyos movement like that’s kinda the way that element works. If you go back to the mrmatio tut at the very beginning, you can see clips of yuki do the trick. What he does is move the yoyo into position behind the wrist as the slack is falling. That seems like an efficient way to keep everything moving and looking good.

1 Like