Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Dang, you guys are quick!

1 Like

Lol I’ve done a lot of tricks like this before so it wasn’t anything too new. Just had to rearrange stuff I already knew.

2 Likes

how does part 2 work? that’s the thing i’m having trouble on, specifically the ending where you end with the double or nothing and brother ?? i have no idea

1 Like

Does this PoV help? You just drag the string under for the first bit and for the second bit you just move your TH index under the yoyo from a DoN so it lands on both strings.

5 Likes

I think she meant bc in your video for part two you go Don and then rejection but land on the front string. Instead of both like that and in the slow no but there are different endings and some use the land on front string element.

1 Like

I’m a little confused because I just rewatched my tutorial and I do the exact same thing as that PoV.

The initial rejection for the DoN is to the back string, I don’t land on both strings in any video.

2 Likes

my bad thats my mistake ! long day!!

Finally managed to learn a trick in time… last week’s trick but whatever!

13 Likes

Does the second magic drop land on the back string as well?

2 Likes

No, the second magic drop is to the front string.

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you!

1 Like

Hey all just catching up with the Triangles, now onto to the others. Thanks again Henry for all the help on that one, took me a bit to get down.

6 Likes

Really cool trick! Was not that easy for me to get it smooth but i enjoyed learning it.

10 Likes

klondike moment

12 Likes

thanks for the tut - it’s a fun one!

9 Likes

Beefhooks on everything.

10 Likes

I love those crocs!! :thong_sandal::fire::heart:

1 Like

Week 47 - Sonic Game

Today is November 24th, 2023.

On November 24, 1992 the video game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 released for the Sega Genesis to universal acclaim and adoration.

So today we’re going to be learning another Roan trick, Sonic Game. Ignoring my silly explanation, I do like this trick for a couple different reasons. With one of the primary reasons being it’s another trick that ends in a trapeze, and as I’ve said in the past, I really like tricks that resolve back into core mounts so they’re easier to put into combos and your regular yoyo play. This trick also features a style of rejection that’s far more common in more advanced yoyo tricks than the typical magic drop style rejection. Lastly I think the redirect and undercut promote a nice level of timing and control over the speed of your play to do smooth.

I hope the American T-a-W enthusiasts enjoyed a pleasant Thanksgiving yesterday, and in this coming week I hope everybody enjoys learning this trick (and playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2, you should do that as well). And for everybody who learned last week’s trick, thanks so much for using my tutorial! I got a lot of great feedback for how I can improve on future tutorials (PoV secondary angle for the trick is a must, as well as a higher frame rate).

15 Likes

What a fun looking trick, thanks!!!

Hope you had a great Turkey day!!!

1 Like

Here’s my clip for the week.

11 Likes