Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

TRIGGER WARNING: Barefoot tutorial :nauseated_face:

I can’t imagine wearing shoes in my own home lol. Barefoot comfier than house slippers tbqh.

Gonna need a lot of practice to smooth this one out. If you’re struggling with the chopsticks entry, really make sure that your TH is perpendicular with the yoyo string. It’s really easy to have your TH angled inwards slightly which causes you to miss the strings. I had to consciously bend my wrist out a little more to keep my chop on plane.

8 Likes

what in the world is going on with that chopsticks part, i can’t manage anything from the tutorial

1 Like

Specifically just the chopsticks entry? Or the kink you wrap around the yoyo right before that as well?

1 Like

prob both, but the first one is weird with the kink

1 Like

No real tips for the chopsticks after this wrap. That’s basically just like normal chopsticks in the sense that you need to just keep your finger spread on plane with the yoyo, and it’s all about how you’re holding the tension on the strings.

There’s also no guilt if you’re really struggling with the chopsticks to just use other fingers inserted into the mount to assist you getting to that string formation.

(potential loud volume warning on this clip I recording it with my face almost touching my phone)

4 Likes

Normally I’m not about this, but I’m 100% kink shaming this kink. Messing me up. :joy:

2 Likes

So many knots untied today with this trick, I have to take breaks as to not yeet my yoyo into orbit.

2 Likes

I know nothing about chopsticks tricks so I guess this is a good place to learn!!

1 Like

Hahah

1 Like

TAW quiet this weekend lol this one was tough, I got the trick consistently and should have it looking decent enough to post a clip tonight.

1 Like

Decided I wasn’t happy w my first vid so I made another.

5 Likes

A little iffy at the end but I threw a couple more pop outs in there for good measure.

6 Likes

Happy Halloween everyone! I’m sick as a dog, but managed to hit this. I figured the song was more than appropriate.

8 Likes

Reposting in my Halloween costume ‘sick as a dog’ :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

First chopsticks trick and man it’s tougher than I thought. If anyone has any tips it would be appreciated lol!!!

1 Like

Here is a super simple repeater you can practice to get familiar with holding your hand right and catching the Yoyo in that space. You want to form a nice big C shape and not straighten out too much into an L shape. Take a dead Yoyo and just hold it between your fingers to compare and you’ll see you have a ton of room. This trick is particularly tricky bc the second chopsticks move wants to make the string scoot out of the way. I had the most success by using less string in the th chopsticks area so like keep the Yoyo pretty close to th before you twist and start doing the chopsticks stuff.

1 Like

Week 44–Triangles Appearance
Yo this week we’re going to learn this fun triangle trick by Kris Toledo. It has a cool white Buddha esque moment when the triangle appears. Kris is a lefty so I’ll link the original and then a mirrored version for the righties.
For lefties

For righties

This trick can be a bit funky so let me know if you have any trouble and good luck!

2 Likes

Here’s my TaW

3 Likes

Nice control!! Excellent bind!! Clean.