Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

I did it!!!

Rancid Milk is now the hardest trick I know. I felt good about it and this was only my second take! That was a real toughie! The pop-up undercut actually gave me the most trouble out if the entire sequence. The beginning part of it feels so cool I love the bounciness of it.

9 Likes

I got all the motions down for lotus bloom except a really silly part. At the very end of the trick after you go over your throw hand he says at 2:15 in the video something like “perform a hug?'” I think? What exactly is that? It seems like some kinda way to roll out I probably can figure out if I mess with it a bunch but figured id ask instead. I really suck at the bounce part in the beginning. Gotta keep on smoothing it all out.

To be more specific I end up after rolling out until I’m in the reverse position of a bind with both strings on the non bind side if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

It’s basically just a way to dismount I think idk but your th index is curled in and you’re in that kamikazesq mount and you just toss Yoyo over nth and are in a type of submount then cross your hands th over nth so that you can cleanly unroll over again and around and onto the trapeze. it feels like frontstyle

1 Like

I got you. I just haven’t figured out a way that looks clean yet. I keep ending in a weird position where I basically only awkwardly drop out of. Im gonna watch your guys videos again and see what you guys did.

1 Like

Here’s a breakdown kinda but don’t land in brother like I did in the first one and just go to trapeze.

6 Likes

Thanks man really appreciate it. I just realized I can just come out of the trapeze with the yoyo real far up the string like where you are at 16 seconds and flip over into an outside slack bind. I been messing with it. See how it goes. Thanks again!

1 Like

I need some structure to get me to relax a little with a newborn, so here’s my take. I’ll probably try to improve my string/shirt contrast in future weeks. But kiddo sleeps where my shirts are so light on light in a bright room it is.

7 Likes

I have started to seem to land on the front string instead of the back string after the spirit bomb split mount kinda part in lotus bloom. It randomly just started to happen more often in the past day or two. Anyone have any advice or is it just something that will come the more I do it?

1 Like

Im not exactly sure where you’re talking about but just like bully the strings so you hit the right one like spread them out if you need more separation or move your hands so you land on the right one. Like maybe you changed how you wrists are oriented or something but I’m not exactly sure where in the trick you mean

1 Like

The tutorial for this week was suggested by @Deadboots . And this is also a reminder that if there’s a trick you either want to learn, or want to share for other people to learn, feel free to DM me suggestions for future weeks.

This is a simple repeater that you can either throw on its own, or use this as a transitionsal element from a 1.5 mount.

Consider this week either learning the repeater, or figuring out another use for this as a general purpose 1.5 transition

9 Likes

I had a phase where I did these candy rain 2 moves a lot…it’s good Yocab!

10 Likes
11 Likes

I got it just now better. Thanks. It seems like I was pushing on the two strings from too high up rather than lower toward the string I want. It’s like the part just before where you hop it up onto the string at the end.

1 Like

Ooo yah gotchu glad you’re getting it!

1 Like

Thanks. Something kinda interesting I found by accident is if you land on that front string I’m talking about it puts you in a GT and his brother like the one in the trick and wut.

1 Like

Nice! Those are the best moments like organically figuring stuff out is so sick

1 Like

Esíčka is nice & chill, for my take I took the repeater route. When coming back around to do the 1.5 it’s even easier than it already is if you use your thumb, houdini mount style, to hook the string with your NTH.

Filmed during a nice afternoon @ the park w/ the Klondike.

13 Likes

Tiny bit late - Lotus Bloom was waiting for my DM2 to come in the mail

9 Likes

Throwing a Hook is my favorite way to start this one off, was pretty happy to see that from you right off the bat.

Edit: can I do 2 weeks in one? I like how natural Esíčka into a wrist mount feels.

7 Likes

I’ve been playing mostly 5A lately, so here’s a 5A interpretation. Just release the counterweight as you undercut the yoyo from the 1.5 mount and you’re good to go.

13 Likes