Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

This week is going to be another classic. Ladder escape is a fun one that looks fairly technical, but actually doesn’t have anything particularly challenging involved.

13 Likes

Thanks @mable always appreciate you posting these every week!!

5 Likes

Nice I’ve always meant to go back to this one maybe I’ll get it this time around.

5 Likes

Ladder status: Escaped

10 Likes

Omg! I just got through this thing once! So excited!.. and @mable that was totally awesome!

2 Likes

Going back to tricks you’ve struggled to learn in the past, and now finally being able to land them is one of the most satisfying feelings in yoyo.

3 Likes

Here’s my ladder escape…needs work still but I escaped!

9 Likes

That was great! And you escaped in the wind! Fantastic video!

3 Likes

Hah thank you! The wind was rough but I was stubborn with my location choice…worth it!

2 Likes

Looks great!!!

1 Like

At lunch working on my ESCAPE!.. i actually got out a few times now (ugly and sloppy but getting there).

I think in year 2 of TaW we posted a MrMatio ladder trick which i thought was impossible…i just watched it again and i thought wow i think i can do this as well!

Here it is if anyone wants some more ladder ideas.

8 Likes

Had some free time at work mostly because I’m new there and I dropped the ball managing the schedule… so I had an extra 40 min at the end of the day solo, where i basically had to supervise a patient get therapy… while I was throwing Ladder Escape in my office. I felt it was a good use of my time. After a few attempts i figured I’d film a few to see… still need to get smoother. But very happy to hit this one relatively clean. My jump rope stinks but i like using @ChrysaeThrows flurish into a brother mount and bind…i thought that was a clean ending as well… not sure if that bind has a name.

5 Likes

I too was going to comment on the wind!! We’ll done, that ain’t easy.

1 Like

Another classic. Kamikaze the trick, aka where the mount came from. Whether you haven’t thrown this trick in years, or this is your first time learning the trick, it’s definitely worth throwing this week. Brush up on your magic drops and run through a fun flowy trick.

6 Likes

Here’s my clip of Kamikaze for the week

11 Likes

I think this brings me back to year one. This combo is great… i know a few of you guys (@mable !!!) probably have some fancier versions you’ve created. I (and probably everyone) would love to see any personalized version of Kamikaze.

4 Likes

Kamikaze og
Edit because I must have hit the mirror button and I don’t want y’all to think I did this lefty bc I didn’t hah

8 Likes

Ladder Escape from last week.

7 Likes

Here’s my Kamikaze and some elements I’ve added over the last 2 years. Hope you guys enjoy.

8 Likes
7 Likes