Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Lol y’all crazy that’s a flex! This is so hard fully responsive or at least super hard for me bc I’m not good enough at it hah. It took me so long to start landing suicides responsive and I know there is no way I could do all this and then end w one. Well never say never but I would have to grind responsive play so hard. Hah maybe I just need a fh1…

3 Likes

I’m bias cuz I love it but yeah I’d definitely get a fh1 haha. It’s a straight up fun yoyo, everything just has to be a lot smoother and fluent or you’re getting those knucks smacked. If you haven’t already I highly recommend checking out old Duncan promos and stuff from the 90’s/early 2000’s. Steve and those guys were doing spirit bomb and kwijibo etc with responsives and it’s all normal to them obviously because unresponsive wasn’t a thing. And P.S. I’m definitely struggling over here but I’m gonna get it lol, Mable is just too good

2 Likes

Keep throwing unresponsive brother! It fits you well! Escolar is looking down smiling!

1 Like

Hitchhiker (Incorrect Bounces)

Hitchhiker

4 Likes

I think with the first part of the trick you’re supposed to do the first two hops as individual string hits, and then underpass into the brother mount, instead of doing it as one single hop to brother. At least that’s how Paul did it.

6 Likes

I’ve been working to hit on both the strings. Small change from just the one, and a little harder but looks good when I hit it!!

2 Likes

Okay I edited my post to add another vid and I think I get it now. Lost that bounce at some point whooops! Thank you for letting me know!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs2jLWTsBEh/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Here’s my take on Hitchhiker. Big thanks to @sakatuca for breaking down this classic. Be good and thanks for watching.
Ef.

6 Likes

Awesome!!

2 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Okay so Sakatuca remade this tutorial bc the first version wasn’t exactly the Escolar version I’m assuming. The difference is the first mount on the string coming off the nth thumb is behind the trapeze in the new tutorial/og version and on both(bobpartys pic) for the first tutorial. This way is a bit easier imo, like it feels a little more natural to do it this way; less awkward on the fingers and more separation to hit the right strings.

5 Likes

That’ right!! The first video I was wrong…
And, Thank you for your sharing!!

2 Likes

Hiro Irifune has been uploading a bunch of small tricks to his youtube channel, Tricklab. Really great channel to check out if you’re looking for a handful of easier/shorter tricks to learn.

Here’s one with a bit of oldschool flavor.

10 Likes

Tri-Attack + went back and re-recorded Hitchiker based on the updated video. This version is way easier.

Sorry for the temp recording spot, I know visibility is kind of bad.

5 Likes

Tri-Attack
I love this channel and can’t wait to learn more of these tricks.

Also I got a FH1 that should be delivered today and I might redo hitchhiker w that when it comes.

Edit bc I dropped the wrong string and missed the triangle of the triangle attack lol I replaced it w a new video.

4 Likes

Just was checking out the tri-attack video and figured out an easy way to translate the Japanese steps at the bottom of the video. I’m not sure if it’s this way for all android phones or just Google pixels but if you use Google lens and put the box over the text and choose translate it will turn the text to English. I always knew Google could translate but I never realized it was so easy to use in videos like that. Wish it could automatically do it for the whole video. You got to repeat those steps for each block of different text but it definitely comes in handy and it translate it well in a way that is understandable.

1 Like

You’re a genius Bryan and now I can finally see what so many ppl have been trying to say. I have an Iphone but got the google app to test it and it works good! Here are the steps from this weeks TaW copy pasted.

1. Houdini mount (It actually said “crush or nothing” but it is houdini mount)
    1.1 Drop the yoyo and mount it on TH thumb thread from behind.
    1.2 Release FH
    1.3 Pick up string with FH and drop the yoyo
    2 Turn the thread from the back to the front and mount
    2.1 Take the string and let it go around the yoyo once
    2.2 When throw hand is release the triangle becomes a twisted shape
    2.3 Take the outer thread with TH
    2.4 Drop the yoyo in the same way as Step 1 and mount
    2.5 Release TH to solve
4 Likes

Week 21 Hitchhiker. Actually caught it first try on camera (never happens)

7 Likes

My take on Week 20: Meltdown
My phone overheated right before I bind from the undermount :upside_down_face::melting_face:. It’s still a hard one for me but I need to move on trick wise before I have a meltdown.

5 Likes

Took me a minute to figure out the trick to that drop at the end. Kept landing in a GT, which was cool, but not the trick.

4 Likes