Trends you wish would come back

What are some trends you wish would come back?
For me it would be undercut yoyos like this:

And hubstscks!

What about you guys?

13 Likes

check this… never a fan of h-shapes, at all! the oxy5 really broke a barrier for me though… and i like the battosai. homer likes sooooome undersized h-shapes :thinking:

8 Likes

Small organics. Out of all my yoyos, sure i can land tricks more easily on a wider profile or “catch zone” but when i play with an undersized organic, it makes me feel feelings.

13 Likes

Yoyojam style plastic/metal hybrids.

11 Likes

Yoyojam illustrations on their throws, yoyos feel too “serious” these days in comparison

13 Likes

Hubstacks, half-swaps, smaller bearings and thinner axles

7 Likes

Just curious, what’s the advantage of a smaller bearing? They predate me by a couple years

4 Likes

Just a different feel. Smaller bearings typically cause the yoyo to spin faster but not as long afaik.

5 Likes

That’s been my experience as well. Spins faster and easier to bind, because the string needs to wrap around a smaller circumference. Translates to tighter binds at low speeds, but with less total spin time.

4 Likes

Spikes would be cool (Spyy, Hspin), don’t see much of them these days outside of One Drop side effects. When you do see them, they’re kind of too small to really do anything with. I know spikes do add to the center weight but we really haven’t seen any bad yoyos with the spikes.

7 Likes

MFD and G2 still do spikes on some models. I do like them . It would be neat to see more of that.

6 Likes

and wide leg jeans… i have a whole closet of kikwear just chillin

12 Likes

send pics

7 Likes

Pre 2015 lodge. Im counting that as a trend.

Also I haven’t eaten a tide pod in a fat minute

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’d just be happy if the not needing to wear a a mask in public trend would come back

10 Likes

This thread is everything I really love about older yoyos. Small organics, yyj hybrids, small bearings, undercuts, spyy sized spikes.

I’m really excited to see what else OneDrop does with their 2020 remasters.

I’ll add midwall shapes. Sidecaps, happy to see duncan doing some again, but I’d love to see what else could be done with modern technology. More crazy stuff like beefcaked bearings, cutouts, the more extreme shapes designed before bi-metals became a thing.

Oh how could I forget, bell bottoms for @fatguysnacks247.

7 Likes

my werrd tfl is bada$$ bro

6 Likes

The tfl and 4xl rock!

5 Likes

I came here to mention JNCO’s and Cross Colours :grin:

Actually, this made me wonder, come to find out CC is still going. Didn’t know that. Late 80’s it was hot stuff at my school.

6 Likes