TopYo Colossus Restock! New colors online now!

6 Likes

lol I like the deer antlers on the ‘fawn’ colorway :laughing: :deer:

4 Likes

Listen… Hear that? It’s the Starbucks legal team firing up the fax machine. :money_mouth_face:

8 Likes

The last time this was stocked I looked for a Topyo / Starbucks connection but could not find one. The Starbucks logo is exact it just has the yoyo added. Maybe the tiny additions takes it out if the realm of copyright infringement. That’s probably it!

3 Likes

I think it’s either they’re flying under the radar or it’s because TopYo is based in China but a glass maker that made a Starbucks themed piece got sued and lost to Starbucks, but they were also local to the U.S.

3 Likes

But why Starbucks? Like…just…why? I think a yoyoer connected to Topyo may have made the art and someone said hey, let’s do this! Collossus V is awesome yoyo.

4 Likes

Because they know it’ll SELL!

2 Likes

Still would be trademark infringement, which a company like Starbucks may even be more inclined to litigate if they were aware of it.

2 Likes

I bought a “Throw bucks green” one last run.
I bought it coz I love coffee…
Naw just pulling your leg. That deep green is beautiful. They always sell quickly that colour way.
It’s also free advertising.
Love mines❤️
If I had to buy again I’d get the rainbow.

1 Like

Depends if they can successfully claim parody. US has wonderfully lax laws when dealing with parody.

So if they just claim that Starbucks CEOs are a bunch of Yoyos and this is art demonstrating that. It could be successful in court.

4 Likes

I kind of like the purple nerv logo ripoff myself

2 Likes