Top string

Where can I find string for top in bulk? Just the kind you can buy at a hardware store, craft store, or discount department store.

1 Like

You can find 3 ply cotton cord at a hardware store, there are different thicknesses, and it might not be as nice as what came with your top.

Why does it need to be cotton?
I can find nylon. Nylon polyester blend in same thickness and flexibility, but not sure if it would work.
I can find all kinds of 100% cotton string for different kinds of craft projects, all of them are much to soft. That twine stuff is rough and not twisted tight.
Do you have a specific resource?

I believe the reason it is cotton is because most other materials are too slippery. It has to be grippy enough to work against the tip but also to not pop off the top body before it unrolls.
I do not have a source for bulk twine. I started making my own string this month and before that I bought string from Neff. Good cotton string lasts a very long time, you can even wash it. The cheaper string that comes standard with some tops seems coarser and gets grimier, hard to explain, but that’s what it seems like to me.