Why is my string completely unraveling?

So someone gifted me a fun spintop.

It was a fixed point one. Thought I’d also buy a bearing one and got the Yoyofactory one. But look at this string?!

What is going on here
?

Also i bought a fancy trompos one and it somehow came without a string.

So can someone recommend me a place to get strings in Europe? Because i haven’t been able to wind up those tops in a decent way for days now.

2 Likes

Does string tension work the same on Tops as it does for yo-yo? That string just looks like it’s lost all tension. That or the tension has moved down the string and knotted up.

1 Like

Right? But i haven’t done anything to it other than put knots in it. It’s just the string that came with the top.

1 Like

First things first. I am super stoked that you got bitten by the top bug. They are a lot of fun. That string looks like it was never tensioned right to begin with. I would love to find a good source myself. I got one too that had a thicker string than the rest and can’t remember which it was but I like it better. It is a 3 cord cotton string similar to Butcher’s string but thicker. So you may actually be able to look around a fabric store and get something. Also, not in EU but here is a link for Dazzling Dave who does custom orders. Spintop

1 Like

Probably just a really poorly homemade string.

1 Like

Out of the box from Yoyofactory

1 Like

If need be, we can get you some and ship it. I don’t mind. Of course that doesn’t help today but it’s an option that you know I don’t mind making happen for you. Just let me know. I honestly didn’t know about this special order from Dave so now I’m feeling like I’m going to order some from him anyways. I’ll let you know when I do so you can get in on it if you like. Let me know. :grin:

Nah it’s ok. I have a string that works with a bit of an adjusted throw so I’m good for now. Also ordered another Trompos (was cheap and fast on Amazon) so I should have a string for the nice one I bought as well then.

1 Like

Still though…try a fabric store for real.

Yeah I’ll have a look if I can find something nearby

The string couldnt handle your talent :rofl:. It blew up!

1 Like

Hey, I’m from Belgium originally now living in the US and I have a store that would be perfect for you to find good strings in Europe if you need them. I’ll leave a link in this message for you. I’ve used this company before and they’re very reliable. Hope this helps

[online store link removed]

Mod edit- please don’t link to other online stores. Thanks.