Too much lube

Hi! I just lubed my bearing and I put too much lube in. Is there any way to get rid of some of it?

1 Like

I would call the psychic hotline. They seem to know everything.

I have not done this yet, but from many YouTube videos they all say to clean and relube. Although maybe there is a secret i don’t know of that someone will reply with.

1 Like

Put the bearing on a pair of tweezers and shoot it with compressed air, literally just learned that the other day. It wont always work

1 Like

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

You have 2 options. Clean and relube. Most people put a tiny drop on the end of a needle and touch it to the bearing. Or you can just play a responsive /semi responsive yoyo until it naturally eases up.

My response was so long, I didn’t even want to check it for errors, lol

So…. Poof! Gone…

4 Likes

aintno such thing

That made me laugh

1 Like

If you don’t want to clean it and just want to get some of the lube out, check out this video on the paper cleaning method (skip to around 3:00 to see just the paper part). The paper will clean some of the gunk out and soak up some of the lube in the process.

Also, if you have a can of compressed air (computer duster) and a pencil or chopstick handy, you can sit the bearing on the tip then blow out any excess lube and distribute the lube at the same time.

Of course, for any of this information to be useful, you need to get the shields off first. That’s a whole nother situation.

1 Like

:speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: