Tom Kuhn website / brand in decline?

Errr not any more. Same error from screenshot in first post is back for more than a day now. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Their latest FB posts:
Screenshot_20190104-050854_Facebook

3 Likes

Website is up, but almost nothing is in stock.

Of the wood yo-yos – and wood is the bread and butter of Tom Kuhn in my opinion – there is exactly one, ONE model in stock: the Woody! :frowning_face: That is literally it.

On the metal side, things aren’t much better, but the SB-2 which is their other major classic does seem to be somewhat more available at least.

I hope these guys can turn it around … cc @AaronW

3 Likes

For years they have been sitting on a literal pile of old SB-2 (and Pocket Rocket) parts left over from the last boom. They waaaaaay over-ordered right before the market evaporated and kind of never recovered from that.
Brad sold all of his wood-working equipment over a decade ago, so he has to order new wood parts from the mill. When they sold runs of other wood yo-yo’s, it’s been from old stock or refurbished seconds. The Batik/No Jive 3 (barf) was literally a Redline with new graphics. It’s a lot more expensive to redesign a yo-yo than it is to change the aesthetics. The number of NEW designs they’ve done since 2004 or so is right around… um…

4 Likes

This thing?

http://www.theyoyomuseum.com/museum_view.php?action=view&subaction=exhibit&exhibitid=495

3 Likes

Lol yeah. I have around 90 No Jives in my collection. That’s the only one I’ve declined to buy on moral grounds lol.

7 Likes

You mean you don’t have a bunch of those next to your collection of mint Yomega Panthers :wink:

5 Likes