Today isn't my birthday

Hey guys just had something I wanted to get off of my chest.

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, on Facebook, here, via phone (Brad) and however else I may have gotten your kind words. But I have a confession to make, this day, is not what I call my birthday. I haven’t claimed it as my birthday for a year now. Because there is a more important event that shares the day of my birth.

Esther day.

Esther was an amazing young lady who did amazing things every day. she was very special, and held a wisdom at her age that I have yet to see in anyone else. Esther had the betterment of the entire world in her mind. She saw every day as a chance to make the world a better place, rather than just being another day to go to school, or go to work. Esther and I shared the same birthday. and as some of you know, I turned seventeen today, sadly, Esther didn’t live to see this age. She died of cancer before she got the chance to see this age.

Needless to say, sharing a birthday with someone as inherently awesome as Esther inspires me. I get up everyday and ask myself what I could possibly do to make this day better when I fall back asleep.

I want you guys to give me the best birthday present ever. I want you to honour Esther’s memory. http://dftba.com/product/wv/This-Star-Wont-Go-Out-bracelet

Buy these, and make a difference. 100% of the proceeds go to This star won’t burn out, a foundation built in honour of Esther dedicated to cancer research.

If you want to give me a birthday present, buy a 5 dollar bracelet, and feel like you’ve done something. please.

This is inspiring. Esther sounds alot like my father, although he hasnt died yet.