Tips On Yoyoing Faster

Does anyone have some tips on yoyoing faster? I’ve learned a few speed combos but really picking up the speed is not easy!

4 Likes

Short Strings and tight hands

2 Likes

My String is super short haha

2 Likes

Listen to fast music while throwing.

4 Likes

Facts lol

Controlling string tension. Figuring out when to pull with your throw hand to create a fulcrum effect that shoots the yoyo around your non throw hand. This technique is much faster than trying to flick your non throw hand / wrist around to get the yoyo to go where you want it. Figuring out when and how to use the tension is the key as well. Shorter string helps too.

5 Likes

Great tips

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Work on the perfection of each element first. It will help u speed up the actual trick

6 Likes

Chris…. You need to use your imagination to create a scenario of impending doom.

Pretend that there is a Huge meteor flying directly at the Earth.

The meteor is the exact size of the Earth, so on impact, both spheres will instantly turn into smoldering dust.

Pretend you are the last contestant in an Internet Yo-yo contest and you have to hit all your top bangers so you can win the $10 1st Place prize.

The Urgency will force you to yo-yo faster.

No kidding…

6 Likes

in my experience on this topic, there are not “tips” about it. It is really all about just grinding and repeating the same combo over and over again for an extended period of time. Even speed players who are insanely fast echo this same thing when asked about how to do so (ayumu kasuga and mickey comes to mind).

A good progress indicator you wanna look out for is having low or even zero acceleration on your combo, acceleration being defined as the change of speed of the elements performed. Even if the combo is not that fast, if its performed smoothly at an even speed, it will look fast to the perceivers eye.

That again is achieved by just hard grinding the combo for months.

9 Likes

Thanks bro!

1 Like