Tips on writing a review

Hey im going to write reviews on Onestar and the Summit. What should I do to make a well written review

Theres a post in the review sections to help, but here are a few pointers

1. Give everything atleast a week of use before you write a review.
  2. Talk about every detail you like, as well as every detail you don’t like, don’t leave anything out.
  3. Try not to say things like “this sucks” or “this is the best” but rather “This is what works best for me” or “It wasn’t to my liking.” Throwing is all about preferences, yours may be different than others.

I always model my reviews off Chris Rhoads

1. Don’t be afraid to say something negative. This is probably what’s lacking the most with the yoyo reviews we’re all familiar with. It’s ok if something isn’t good. That’s why I’m reading the review.

2. I think it’s most interesting to read a review when the person notes things that particularly stood out to them. I really don’t care about the dimensions of the yoyo or whatever, I can find that information. What I don’t know are things like “when I took it out of the box, it felt heavy”, or just really any other response you had to anything that I could only get from a personal review.

Four things come to mind:

1. Split the review up into sections. There’s nothing I hate more than having to sift through an entire wall of text to find the info I’m looking for.
  2. Double check your spelling, punctuation, etc. to make sure that it’s all correct. I don’t expect perfection, but I do expect it to comprehensible.
  3. Lots of photos! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
  4. Try to have a bit of fun with it!

Yuki