Time to give CLYW some guff :-)

Hehehe

Won’t translate but that was good hehe

Ive spoke french with canadians in saskatchuwen, i cant remember how its spelt, we all call it sask for short. Sask is beautiful btw.

Best description I’ve heard of American English from an actual Englishman:

“I know you call it English, but there’s a reason we kicked you out of the country and I assure you it had nothing to do with your silly religion.”

:wink:

See, you say that about American English (or Yank as I call it), but as a Brit living in America, it’s me that takes all the abuse for my strange ways. You can’t even get a good biscuit to go with your tea!

And for some reason, “tea” always refers to the beverage, when it should sometimes also correctly refer to the early evening large meal of the day.

“What’ll it be for tea, then?”

“I think I fancy a London broil.”

1 Like

According to the CLYW site, both the Gnarwhal and Marmot are retired…clearly their next undersized needs a French name. An undersized Puffin with a wacky name…I can get on board with that.

Le Cachalot (cash-a-loh – the “t” is not pronounced)

The Canard. It would seem to fit a theme…

I think around 5% of our sales are in Canada. We’re more of a niche manufacturer that borderlines craft. We also do not have our stuff on shelves in department stores. So I don’t think it’s that necessary right now. Sorry eastern Canada! I still love you :slight_smile:

Montreal is one of my most favourite cities that I have ever been to.

Ps: The Gnarwhal is getting a complete update! That’s why I discontinued it :slight_smile:

YAY!

It’s ok, we just say le yeti, le chief, le gnarwhal, et le cliff. And the boxes only have pretty pictures on them.

[quote=“caribouchris,post:37,topic:58928”]
Then come back and come to a yoyo meet! ;D

And my propositions for a new throw name!
La crepe
Le bouillon
Le bucheron
La toupie a retour
Le castor
L’oursin

[quote=“caribouchris,post:37,topic:58928”]
Awwww Yeaaaaaa!!!

I wondered if the size of the company had anything to do with needing the French on the package or product. Although it would be cool to see one side in English and the other in French.

So will the Gnarwhal redesign be drastic enough to warrant a 2 after the name?

We don’t speak English, we speak 'Merican. ;D

1 Like

I guess you’ll have to wait and see!

It will be. Definitely. I vote you change the name to ‘Le Unicorn’.

Or:

• Narval Suprême
  • Narval parte Deux: Plus d’Gnarwhal
1 Like

Ooh I like that one. Le unicorn is nice and simple though…

-bpg

1 Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSF9w0Kf2wk

1 Like

Hahaha

“Underwater Unicorn, like the Jedi of the sea.”

Thanks for the laugh :slight_smile: B).