Throws similar to TP Mustang?

I’m looking for something similar to a TP Mustang. I like the idea of the wide gap and rounded, relatively narrow shape. Anyone know of anything that could be similar? Especially interested in non-TP stuff (no Hinemosu/St Elmo/Takeshi’s other signatures lol)

2 Likes

RCS Deluge maybe fits what you’re looking for, though I feel it plays a tiny bit faster than the mustang.

1 Like

non-TP stuff ? :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’ve tried all kinds of yoyos but haven’t had anything similar to it even among other takeshi sigs tbh.

When I first got it I actually thought the UNPRLD Nostalgia was the most similar playing in my collection, but I’ve sold it since so I can’t make a side by side comparison right now.

The mustang plays extremely light but moves in a medium pace. I’m not sure what other yoyos are there more similar in dimension as well as playing similar tho. The UNPRLD Nostalgia is a much wider v shaped yoyo so if you’re looking for a narrow tech yoyo then it might not be to your tastes.

I’d say it might be worth looking into a Topyo Colossus V or a Colossus S as it has a near identical shape and are lighter than most takeshi shapes which should in theory make em play somewhat similar to the mustang

2 Likes

I would second what @IoSonoFormaggio says about the colossus series and maybe also the meta from TopYo. When it comes to other brands C3 Radius but it is way faster and the YYF Dogma.
But none of them really can mimic the Titanium feel of power but being a kind of light and extrem stable.

Maybe a Metavity? I haven’t played the Mustang so I can’t compare, but at least the shape looks pretty similar.
The Metavity plays very rim weighty and powerful, almost like bimetal which is surprising.

2 Likes

Metavity is extremely wide compared to a mustang and is way more bulky play wise.

1 Like

I currently have both a Mustang as well as a metavity and imo the metavity doesn’t play like the mustang.

Sure the metavity feels as light as the mustang but it moves faster than the mustang, and the wideness is more optimized for meta and hook tricks rather than dense tech tricks.

I’d say pure performance wise the metavity is a wider, slightly less stable and faster mustang. However I wouldn’t consider it to be similar to the mustang.

3 Likes

Danny you TI Palpitation is pretty much a Mustang. Recently got a Japan Technology Frost and it’s so close to a Mustang ES.

1 Like

Recess vacation is kinda similar but as people have said the mustang is pretty unique in its play. But for rounded narrow widish gap yoyo a vacation could fit what youre wanting. Mustang has an insane gap.