Throwing goals for 2014

I am going to attempt this trick next!

I am falling behind on my throwing goalā€¦but I am choosing more and more difficult tricks as time goes on. I am currently working on the last half of ā€˜Organizedā€™ and plan to complete it before I go to bed tonight. I figure I can learn an easier trick on top of a more difficult one over the weekend and double up a day, so I can still achieve my 1 trick a day for January goal.

Day 5 did not go the way I planned and I tried learning the trick ā€˜Organizedā€™ during day 6, but without success. The 2nd day was not a total failure though, as I managed to get in a trick for the day. I ended up learning Jade Whip. This may seem like an easier trick to most people, but I have never really wanted to learn whip or slack tricks before, as they did not really appeal to me at the time. I will take this time to learn some whip and slack tricks and incorporate them into my style in the future.

I have no clue what Iā€™m going to learn for day 1/17, possibly Lotus Bloom, but It may end up being a slack trick or another whip, who knows :smiley:

I finally got down Organized!!! So I am counting that as Day 7ā€™s trick. I will learn 2 tricks in day this month to complete my goal. Stay tuned!

Day 10 - 1/20: Supermanā€¦I am at the very last step where you pop the yoyo through the triangle for the dismount and I have been trying for the last 2 hours non-stop and I cannot land it. Also, when I say 2 hours non-stop, I literally mean 2 hours, no breaks, just straight throwing. I was in the zoneā€¦but at the same time wasnā€™t. I can at least nail the whole trick perfectly including the string rejection almost everytime now. I technically got it through the triangle a few times, but it wasnā€™t clean and I wasnā€™t able to bind it, so I donā€™t count it as completed.

I may have to re-evaluate my goals, as this 1 trick a day may have been a bit much to tackle. Especially, since I am not attempting relatively simple tricks, Iā€™m trying to do more complex ones that I never learned or have wanted to learn. Iā€™ll try and learn a few easier ones in between so I can at least meet my goal for January.

1. Reach out and meet more yoā€™ers.
  • Met up with Kulazndoode ā€¦ we had a couple sessions already this month. this cool guy let me beat up his yoā€™s
  1. Record and post 2 videos a weekā€¦ so I can see my progression thru the year and get some feedback from the community on how i can improve my skills
    -on track so farā€¦ posted 2 last week. recording and editing on my iphone/ipad makes this easy to do
  2. Keep a yoyo diary of sorts on tricks learned, the feedback i get from my videos, etcā€¦

Thatā€™s actually a really good idea to record your progress on video. I may have to steal that idea :slight_smile: Post a link to your youtube channel, Iā€™m sure weā€™d all love to see it. I know I would.

Didnt really read through the thread, but from what I did read mine are pretty similar.

• with va states out of the way I got my first competition over with, got 12th. I was impressed with myself but I have a lot to work on.
  • throw everyday,
  • throw more often
  • have less yoyos
  • develop my style more, specifically my finishes, slacks, and zoning.

And lastly, make a video every month or so showing the tricks and concepts Iā€™m working on.
(1 down, another in the works)
:slight_smile:

After several hours a day for several days, I finally got down Superman!!!

I was able to do the Hidemasa Hook, like 2 times out of 20, but I still did it!Ā  :smiley: lol

Goal: Make MOAR 1A combos :smiley:
Learn MOAR 3A, 4A, and 5a since Iā€™ve been focusing heavily on my 3a the past 2+1/2 months (double trapeze and trapeze n bro were so hard, just landed the second one a week ago) need to buy a YYO Gravity for 4A ad if Iā€™m bored use it as a super wide 1a throw( like the monster, master galaxy, etc) haha also want to improve 5a (Iā€™m pretty suckish at it so yeah) with my classic and my shaqlerstAr

Want to get a metal 3a pair maybe echo 2s, czm8s, or lvl 6s(I know Iā€™m gonna ding them anyway so whatever Iā€™ll get like speedaholics with them haha) and maybe a main 5a throw haha if I get better

Make up some techy 1a tricks.

I learned an old school Sector Y trick today that I never got around to learning.

http://archive.sector-y.com/tricks/string_tricks/triangulation/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAiyh_xnWvM

I was able to get down the Brent Stole, thanks to the help of this tutorial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXgqnTC_uy4

Iwasawa Tower Laceration

I would be happy, if, during 2014 I could learn and be comfortable with doing all of the Advanced tricks in the YYE Learn section.

My main goal is to try and get back into yoyoing and making tricks again. Side goals are to make some more videos and try and be more active on here after I donā€™t know how long of not posting anything.

Also, good luck with your goals everyone. :slight_smile:

My main goal is to develop my own style and be able to master cabin tuts like :stuck_out_tongue: organinc airbaga

1. To not hit my nose.
  2. To not hit my nose.
  3. To not hit my nose and re-break it.

You ainā€™t hurt! Rub some dirt on it and get back in there!