“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

That sounds cool. We can talk about it there. If not this time, maybe next.

This week we might have some nubes, as I put out an invite to the kids from the rock and blues camp. It would be nice to help them get started

Also, I might end up having to work in the building the whole time. :unamused:

But let’s see how it goes. Sounds like a fun idea!

3 Likes

What a great meet up today! Got to try a TP Mustang :exploding_head: and a 70 gram Fixie by @Glenacius_K!!! Forgot to count, but we must of had 12+ people this time!!! Thanks to @Myk_Myk for being such a gracious host as always! Thanks to @Ant.G and @SpyseaRice for showing me some new tricks too! Already looking forward to next month!

6 Likes

Whole lotta throwin’ goin’ on!

5 Likes

:joy: This kid :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

He is into it!

He’s at the camp this week with his yo-yo everyday!

4 Likes

Hey @SpyseaRice, @Myk_Myk, @Ant.G

3 questions

#1 Do any of you know if this fella has a YYE username and what it might be? Trying to get up with him about plans for a Worlds carpool.

#2 Do you guys care if we change the title of this thread to something easier to remember and more applicable to what the “Get-Together” has become like NE Atlanta Yoyo Club or something.

#3 I’m wondering too if we should file for official club status and see if @AndreBoulay can hook us up with this YoYo Club Grant Program

5 Likes

That’s Jon! He and I are friends. He’s not on here, but we were actually talking about the carpool just a few hours ago. Are you on Facebook?

5 Likes

Nice! PM’d

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out this forum lol. do you have a number I can contact you at

1 Like

Press avatar, press message button

1 Like

@Myk_Myk So next meeting should be on the 14th right? Or are there some more kinks to work out? :snowman:

1 Like

Still working on the soft launch of the grant program but we will let you know when its ready! :blush:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry, I have been too busy! I think maybe we’ve gravitated to the 3rd Sunday? Unless there are many with issues, let’s do 07/21?

3 Likes

#2 It won’t let me change it, but I’d like to change it to “Throw Live Atlanta” in keeping with Rehearse Live as the host.

#3 This sounds awesome! How about I provide the venue, and I just secured throwlive.net. (throwlive.com was $2500!!!) But, I just don’t have time to promote and organize much. Maybe someone else could take the reins on promo and organizing? I’ll do what I can…

Also, not sure what’s involved is the grant program, but I bought a BUNCH of yoyos and tops from YYF for new players, and I’d like to at least sell enough to recoup some of the cost before giving away too much merch. Hope that makes sense.

I did well at our last meet. I’m about 1/4 of the way there to paying for what I have, then I can afford to be more lax.

5 Likes

I changed the title and I’ll be happy to help promote the club on R/Throwers, Instagram, and any where else you can think. We are super thankful for the outstanding venue!

1 Like

Great!

Maybe we’ll get around to setting up a website as well.

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to learn how to make website. I can mess around with wix and squarespace to put something together and maybe use it if it’s good. I’ve got some questions though:
What is the website for? Is it just for announcing when the meetings are? I can add in some pointers to YYE Forums and beginning tips and stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda had buyer’s remorse right after securing the domain. Did I really need one? Maybe it’s nice to have a presence in that form, though…

Let’s stay in touch about the possibilities.

3 Likes

Hi, we have an event during the yo-yo meetup time.

We could do it on 07/28 instead, or we could do it upstairs. Not as much room, but I think we could make it work with the number of people we usually have.

Also, 2 or the new kids (brothers) can’t make it if it’s on the 21st…