Throw Duncan...but I never throw Duncan

Ok, ok, ok, ok, I have to say: big shame on me for never have throw Duncan before.

I can describe this yoyo as probably some of the best money I have ever spent on a throw from when I started yoyoing and close my thoughts like that.

So first of all thanks a lot to who advice the GTR-JS, this people probably really understood what I like in a yoyo in a second.

I bought this yoyo second hand for 78$ shipped in UK (so 60$ only the throw), new is around 120$ if I remember properly, will I pay those money for the throw new? Hell yes, I really would, for those performance and quality I will be more than happy to do it, I know that Duncan is largely distributed so in the second hand market lose quite a lot of value but I really feel that for the low second hand price I payed I bring home a very top yoyo.

Let’s start with the quality, this yoyo is glass smooth, feels really premium and I do love the tone of red and the overall construction, feels so comfortably in the hand and is a pleasure to throw and to look at.

It’s a hell of a player, anything that it comes to my mind I can do it with this throw, every single combo I have, every single idea is possible, really I feel like that with this throw my only limit is my fantasy and skills, great spin time which also allow me to create and study new combos without frequently bind, feels nimble on the string and light, even if the diameter is 2/3mm bigger than my usual throws I do not feel that it is “in the middle”, easy for chopsticks and tech tricks, it goes through the strings without issues, I immediately had a great feeling with this yoyo from the first throw, I felt like I had it from years.

Had an epiphany on horizontals, veeeery easy to do I think also because I am used to smaller throws with this one I was able to have a bit more control than usual.

One feature of this yoyo that I really like is the gap, never had a yoyo with 4.62mm gaps and now I wish all my yoyos had a gap like that, it’s perfect for tricks when a lot of string goes around the bearing, I found this yoyo very suitable for my style of play, also the bind is anyway easy to do when needed, I always loved a incredibly unresponsive yoyo (imagine that I usually play and love consumed pads to have the maximum unresponsive)

I think I am falling in love with bimetals yoyo slowly and understanding their pro compared to monometal.

Overall I can say that from never have a Duncan in my life, this yoyo and brand are now basically very close to the first position on my favourite yoyo ever, the GTR-JS is a very great yoyo for technical players that want to push their game up and feel like they can squeeze more power out of their throw.

17 Likes