Thoughts on Japan Nationals 2019 freestyles

Your thoughts on Japan Nationals 2019 freestyles.

2 Likes

I was gonna make a thread on this after 1st place got posted but I didn’t notice Hiro’s freestyle got copyrighted so you beat me to it.

MY BOIS RYUICHI AND YUKI DIDN’T WIN. Too bad Yuki didn’t have a super clean freestyle. And it would’ve been super cool to see Ryuichi win with his sig just being released and this being his last freestyle in a while and all :confused:

Shion got dethroned and I can’t even watch the chopstick gorilla’s winning freestyle.

I only went through about a third of the 1a freestyles so far. Masahiro Terada’s freestyle was super cool though, pretty unique.

Also glad to see Rei Iwakura win 4a again after losing worlds last year, he’s always been my favorite 4a player. Ryo Oishi got 2nd over Tsubasa, that was unexpected. I need to check the scoresheet, I wonder how close they were

6 Likes

bruh rip to ayumu kasuga -9

1 Like

The Japanese should hand out dan ranks to their national competitors. :grin:

2 Likes

Link to vids?

2 Likes

Yoyovideoarchive on YouTube

MY BOI RYUICHI

And this is a rather unique freestyle

5 Likes

I want to thank this more than once, lmao

1 Like

One of the sloppier JN finals in recent memory for a lot of the top players, which kinda sucks to see. Ton of really great freestyles still.

Sucks 1st place used music not fit for YouTube

4 Likes

Um yea, I need mr #1 performance NOW :-1:

edit:

Go big or go home. I guess they all went home eventually though…

1 Like

Look at those arm tricks Masahiro has.

Looking through the vids and not seeing Hajime or Takeshi - did they not compete in JN?

1 Like

Takeshis probably not competing this year. He didn’t compete last year either, people were surprised he even entered worlds.

As for Hajime he already has a ticket straight to the finals for 3a and 4a worlds so he doesn’t really need to compete.

2 Likes

That was kinda my thought, but then saw Sora competed in 5A even though he won worlds last year.
Had Takeshi been out of the competitive scene or something? Being newer I don’t know all the history. Do you think he’ll be at worlds this year?

1 Like

Yeah he didn’t really compete in 2017 and only competed at worlds in 2018 so he had to go through all 4 rounds of worlds. Would’ve been legendary if he won.

I have no idea if he’ll compete this year. I hope he does. I want a dub. He’s been robbed twice already

2 Likes

He’s studying abroad in the UK for university now, he was at JN but didn’t compete, Hajime won the trick battle at JN but didn’t compete in divisions. Right now Takeshi is not registered for worlds but Hajime is for 3a. You can check this link for registered competitors

3 Likes

@Evan_Nagao isn’t on the registered list!!! I guess he’s not defending the title. It would be cool to see him perform to his new “Waves” song though!

1 Like

There’s still plenty of time I wouldn’t assume anything for now

2 Likes

I do think Evan is planning to compete…!

1 Like

Thank goodness! I still get choked up when I watch his last Nationals routine. Can’t wait to see him bring the house down in person!

1 Like

Probably my favorite freestyle routine ive ever seen. His passion, joy, and sheer skill are just the most incredible thing to watch. I grew up with my parents listening to Skynyrd, and his routine just nailed the feel of the song.

My guess is that this year he is going to compete with his new song. Would be a first as far as I know; a competitor competing with his own song.

3 Likes