Think Before You Post

This is really a great rule to live your forum life by.

Before you post something, think…

1. Will my post help someone else?
  2. Will my post help me?
  3. Will my post help YoYoExpert?

Next, I will point out some guidelines to help you do this…

1. Don’t ask, “What is the best yoyo”

When you do this, people will state there opinion, therefore, the information won’t help you or YYE members that read it in the future because everyone has opinions.

1. Don’t ask, “What is your favorite yoyo”

UNLESS you want to find out exactly that. If you are trying to find a yoyo to buy, asking this won’t help. Is someone else’s favorite throw going to be yours? Probably not.

1. When you ask, “What yoyo should I get”, explain what you are looking for in a yoyo

There are tons of yoyo choices out there, so everyone can get exactly what they want. Instead of asking for a good yoyo, ask for a good yoyo in x price range, that has x characteristic and x characteristic (if you understand my lame attempt at algebra).

1. Don’t over-hype yoyos sold elsewhere.

I don’t think it is a problem to post a promo video or discuss them, but when you start talking about restock dates and how good the yoyo is, you are taking away from YYE’s business.

1. Don’t post outside links to other stores and forums

It is in the rules that you shouldn’t post links to stores that sell the same throws as YYE, but I think it is just polite to not post links to other stores and forums period.

1. Post in the right section

How hard is this? You will be making the mods’ jobs a whole lot easier, and without them, this forum would be in anarchy.

1. Know how knowledgeable you are

Some people on the forum know a lot about mods, others know a lot about tricks, and so on. When one of them clearly says something multiple times, you can trust that it is correct.

8 ) If you haven’t played with a yoyo, you can’t compare it to another yoyo in terms of performance

1. When someone asks for a yoyo recommendation, don’t tell them to get your favorite yoyo without reasoning

One man’s treasure is another man’s trash :stuck_out_tongue:

1. If someone doesn’t follow these guidelines, gently let them know about them

We can all make this forum a better place. If someone doesn’t follow these rules, the forum rules, or any other rules or guidelines, don’t flame them for it. Just let them know politely that they should be aware. If they blatantly break a forum rule, just hit the “report to moderator” button.

1. MAKE THIS FORUM A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYONE :slight_smile:

Even just by asking a question or giving a nice comment on a video, you can help the forum a lot. Just think, you can really help someone you don’t even know!

Sorry the long rant lol (not trying to sound mean)

11 Likes

Well, it looks like you thought pretty hard before posting that. Great post, it needs to be stickied, and everyone needs to see this.

I agree completly, everyone needs to read this and take it onboard before strating needless threads, good post dyonch

stickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickysticky
stickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickyv
stickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickystickysticky

JM STICKY THIS!

Dude, nice job on that. It was well though out.

Indeed. Great post =) When i asked myself “Is this post going to help other people?” the answer was and is YES.

Please don’t SPAM but this Needs Stickied. Great job DYonch. ;D

sticky this post.

Who are you to tell me how to post? I mean those are great rules and all but If I want to spam I will.

haha Ok. I really do like that. BUT there needs to be some sarcasm and joking or this place would be boring just like any other forum that follows those rules.

So I say your rules with a little sarcasm = best forum ever.

Yeah, I feel your point. I mean, I really have no place to go bossing people around, it is just how I go about posting in general. Sarcasm and jokes are great, though!

And I don’t feel that this should be stickied because it is a separate list of rules/guidelines that has nothing to do with the forum rules and is more of my opinion.

Sticky please!

And yes, I think a little bit of joking around is acceptable.

Who would ever joke around? This is an uptight strict forum that needs to be held that way and…

Ok nevermind. Good post. You aren’t the only one that is thinking that way.

Thanks for the post. I’m new to the forums yet I already saw enough around to know that if everyone followed those guidelines the forum would improve. I want to give you that thank you application I saw around here but I don’t know how, so until I know this post will have to do :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s in the top right corner of each post. :wink:

Thinking? Nah, not my cup of tea.

I’m pretty sure we knew that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah…Right…How stupid of me not to notice…Sorry about that. Thank you applied.

sticky? i do believe so.