Things to avoid when posting on the BST

Does that stand for non yoyo related? If so why? I think it’s fine as long as it says everything beyond here is non yoyo related

I dunno, I just think that it’s a yoyo forum, if you’re selling watches and MP3 players and tons of other non-yoyos, you should go sell it on eBay.

what aboout people who want to trade their yoyos for random stuff?

Number 7
what do u think?

I like NYYR stuff. Last time I wanted a new watch, I traded a yoyo for one.

Sometimes people might just be interested in the NYYR item you got, and would offer cash for it.
I’ve sold some things on yoyo forums and it went fine.
If you are ONLY selling a NYYR item in a BST, that should be an issue, but if you have yoyo’s and yoyo related items with a NYYR item for sale as well, there is no issue, and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise will just have to deal with it.

Haru

1 Like

I’m happy when:

1. a pic or link to pic acompanies the initial post.
  2. the op only bumps once per day.
  3. the op only runs one thread.

In other words, I’m just happy if the current rules are followed.
If you look at the bst section you will see several stickies showing what your thread should look like as well as the rules. These poor stickies all suffer from the “sticky curse.”

If people can do the things that others find confusing, or frustrating, and yet still can make their sells and trades, nothing will change.

I think the more rules/guidelines you have, the more confusing and cumbersome it becomes. The positive thing about a thread like this is that those that care about quality posts in the bst, will consider what has been suggested and improve their bst threads as warranted. Some of the suggestions in this thread would actually increase the number of successful transactions but it is the op that must be the salesperson. Better threads should equal better results if the items or offers are interesting enough.

Some people have a list of “in the mail” yoyos. Which technically means they are not in their actual hands, which also means its against the rules to list items for sale that are not in your possession. Or they would list items they traded that item for. I don’t really care what they traded what for what or to who.

1 Like

Yes! Proving that you have the yoyo is the primary reason for the pics, condition is secondary.

Also, as a buyer, make sure to save the pictures of yoyos that you are about to purchase or have purchased. That way you can compare the throw to the picture after you receive them, in case the seller decides to pull down the picture before you receive anything.

Something like “Things you shouldn’t do in the B/S/T section.”

I absolutely cannot understand the “offer” deal. I like to lurk the bst onc in a while to get a feel of values of certain yoyos and a lot of times i get nothing because now people just love asking for “offers”. It just seems like you’re wasting my time since i have to search its retail value and infer what your asking price might be, all while hoping it would bait someone to offer too high, since me offering less than X amount is “lowballing”. Can someone please explain the whole “offer” thing? :smiley: