The YoYo List - Connect With Local Players & Yo-Yo Clubs!

Just registered, let’s add another player in Uk to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m game, registered our club too!

For location though, how can we add a note?
We tend to rotate the cities we meet in.

Very cool idea, thanks for putting this together!

1 Like

Will the maps be interactive at all? To the point where you can select a pin to see who that person is.

1 Like

Not real keen on sharing my email and location so explicitly all over the internet…

Sorry

1 Like

I think it’s better that it isn’t interactive.

1 Like

I travel quite a bit for work. I think it would be cool to be able to reach out to folks in the area.

1 Like

I had to give my email to sign up, but don’t really want it shared and would prefer my Instagram handle to be shared instead. is there any way around this?

2 Likes

Wanted exactly the same thing, also because my email is just for “life” stuff like packages and similar and I check it only when I know I need it, I would prefer instagram as well!

2 Likes

signed up. I’m not on twitter or Instagram, or any of that so… just put my yoyoexpert handle in there. still haven’t found anyone truly local to me using this site so far, not expecting much.

Just added myself. Looks like I’m the only one in Tucson, with a few others in the PHX area.

2 Likes

Thats a good point, I will try and make that field optional soon in the future!

For safety reasons only people in your general area would be able to request the first name and either email or social media handle. As its hard to know who would want the information beforehand we only collect the most basic info. If the map becomes interactive, only how many people that are in a specific zip code will be display. Not names/emails.

Totally understand, thanks for checking out the thread!

Definitely, how it works is when someone requests to find others in their area I will send out an email to each person with the social media handles of those in the area. I need the emails so if needed updates can be provided for registrants AND to send official communications.

Fingers crossed, in time it will be easier to find local people for all of us. Right now we have about 130 people on the list, I would estimate that there is 3,000+ throwers internationally.

I would have to imagine its at least 100 people in AZ that need to signup yet!

Thank you all for the signups and questions, feel free to ask and I will answer as best I can!

3 Likes

List from 1/20/2023

4 Likes

Maybe add this forum to the Social Media list?

I put my handle for here in it.

1 Like

Got the San Antonio club registered today at meet up.

1 Like

I finally dug out my old instagram ID and joined.

Thank you for connecting the community.

I jumped on the list! Looks like I’m the first from Utah.